for those of you with satellite radio
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on for those of you with satellite radio within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; For those of you with satellite radio, how did you all pass the antenna cable? Im trying to get ideas ...

for those of you with satellite radio

For those of you with satellite radio, how did you all pass the antenna cable? Im trying to get ideas and see which is the easiest way to run the cable. I can see how easily it runs along the weatherstripping aong the top of the rear window, but from there, where did you run it to get it inside the car?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no one with satellite radio or at least a suggestion how to run the antenna wire into the car? I cant seem to find a way to get it inside the car through the window and weatherstripping.

I saw this one guy with probably the worst taken care of sti in the world mounted his on his hood, it looks like he drove it threw a holly tree forest and the interior looks like a cats using it as its scratch pad

but im also interesed in a mounting location because I will probably be getting a satilitte radio for xmas

I had Satellite radio in the ford escape and had the antenna on the dash.

I had sirius and I cancelled it a about 1.5 years ago, because I decided I didn't like it that much and some how I'm still getting it. For free its pretty good.
    FORZA FERRARI
    BLOBEYE SYNDICATE (retired) #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    One day I hope to buy a car that is lubricated exclusively by pure manatee oil.

mine is actually on the inside of my car....in the very right corner of the dash on the passenger side to be exact....i have no problems with it....lower signal than what it would be if it were on the outside....but it works fine..... i coudnt stand having that ugly antenna on the outside of my car.....but if you must have it on the outside i would just run it under the dash.....up the carpet along the door sills then into the trunk....from their you could just slap the antenna on the trunk....
    PSM Bugeye..Cobb Stage 2

try running down the side under the carpet through the side of the back seat in to your trunk. Then run the line up around the bottom side of the trunk and then around to the top. I had XM but got tired of it because I did the same thing I do with the radio, surf. This is how I had it run and it looked clean. Never went to the trouble of securing it to the underside of the trunk but from the outside it looked clean and you saw no wires peaking. Sorry no pics.
    from the outside looking in you don't understand from the inside looking out you can't explaine

Hey man.

I have the WRX SW, I started attaching the magnetic antenna in the back, on the roof, run the wire bethween the roof and the trunk door fixing it with wide transparent tape, going right, went around the right side angle and under the rubber seal all the way inside the trunk, out of the rubber and under the inside plastic cover on the right side of the back seat, UNDER the rear right seat belt and back under the door sill plastic cover, folllow the passenger seat sill and under the glove box.
    "emerge" near the clutch and dive again under the plastic cover around the clutch, I keep the unit in my coffe holder when in use, right after the clutch and it's a perfect spot to change channel without looking. inside the armrest when not.
    I had it on the lower paert of the windshield in my Audi but it's annoying when you drive, the display is very bright. In the coffe holder you turn the display the other way and you're good to go.

Shorten the wire of the cig lighter plug and run the wire under the driver's side clutch plastic element, up to the unit after the handbrake.
    the visibility of the wires is really minimal, apart the lighter plug, works great with all the antenna extended.
    I will probably at one point modify the plug soi that I can close the ash tray / lighter door and make the AC wire disappear under the plastic like the antenna. Other than that is perfect.
    Total time... 40 min?
    Tools needed a large flat screwdriver, or better a plastic flat tool to push the wire under the rubber seal.
    But it';s pretty doable even with your fingers.

Thanks for the suggestions! I ended up mounting it on the trunk and running it through there. I have a pioneer headunit that was satellite ready, so I purchased the sirius adapter that plugs in to the back of m headunit and I was able to install right behind the head unit. Very clean and simple install. Thanks again

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.