Basic sound system upgrades?

This is a discussion on Basic sound system upgrades? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Alright well I ran a search, found a bit of interesting information and the general concensus seemed to be that ...

Basic sound system upgrades?

Alright well I ran a search, found a bit of interesting information and the general concensus seemed to be that overall the WRX doesn't offer too much as far as a sound system goes. This probably could have gone in the 'car purchasing forum' but I think it fits here too.

I'm just curious as to what kind of upgrades you all have made in the under $300/350 range. I don't really know the first thing about sound systems even though I've done a little bit of reading on them. It seems like overall a headunit (I'm guessing that's the deck, right?) is the most effective upgrade. Does anyone know what installations run?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if your on a budget of 350, i would goto best buy (i work there p/t as an installer) buy a deck for about 150. install is free except harness and dash kit which will come out to 40.05 after tax. so now your at 190. then i would pick up some speakers front and rears prob run you about 150 (for an inexpensive set) now your gonna have to either install the speakers yourself (its really easy) or pay the price of 42.99/pair.

ntd
    I would start with speakers first. I great head unit will still sound bad through bad speakers.

Unless you have people riding in the back a lot just replace the fronts to start with. A two part component system would be great. Make sure you get something with an efficiency of 85 or better. The lower the number the more power you need to make sound. But the higher the number the worse they produce lower frequencies.

I like the stock head unit for now. I have put in a component system and I am going to add something for better low end in the back next year.

go to soundomain.com and purchase a head unit off of there and some two way kicker speakers for your front and rear. fuk best buy too expensive...a good set of kicker front and rear wont be over 200 and now ya just have to install em. check the kickers for ur wrx and buy the appropriate speakers to fit your fronts and rears. that site makes it easy mane