iPod in 2004 WRX STI

This is a discussion on iPod in 2004 WRX STI within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I just bought a 2004 WRX STI w/ 7800 miles on it. It has an alpine deck, cd changer, and ...

iPod in 2004 WRX STI

I just bought a 2004 WRX STI w/ 7800 miles on it. It has an alpine deck, cd changer, and speakers...yada yada.

I know what I need to connect the ipod to the deck, but I don't know where I should route the cable or where I should mount the ipod. I have the armrest option...

I also am going to control the music on the ipod, NOT the deck, so the I can't store it in the glovebox or anything too out of the way. I tried searching, but I didn't come up w/ much...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Go and buy this from any computer store. It's about 25 bucks. Then, go buy some aluminum stock from Home Depot or Lowes or Ace or wherever. Attach it as shown in the picture and then attach the other end to the console right next to the stereo. You may have to sand a bit to get it to fit out but you can bend the aluminum to whatever shape you need to make the iPod face you and sit right next to the stereo. I did in my ex's car and people always asked if it was a stock option. I wish I had more pictures but we broke up right after the install. Such is life.
    Last edited by thatkid2; 11-21-2006 at 08:54 PM. Reason: link error

Interesting..

Also can you guys tell me what stereo set ups you have in your cars?

dude if its an alpine the ipod should be integratable. As in, you can control the ipod through the deck if you buy the alpine ipod cable. That cable plugs right into the back of your head unit, and you can run the cable anywhere. I ran mine through the back of the glove box. And then when its plugged in you can just access the menu from the head unit. It looks cleaner too.

Quote Originally Posted by Poekin View Post
    dude if its an alpine the ipod should be integratable. As in, you can control the ipod through the deck if you buy the alpine ipod cable. That cable plugs right into the back of your head unit, and you can run the cable anywhere. I ran mine through the back of the glove box. And then when its plugged in you can just access the menu from the head unit. It looks cleaner too.
    Mine is an older alpine unit so it can't control the iPod from the deck itself. I like controlling the action from the ipod anyways..it's a way easier interface.

i have an alpine headunit like the one poekin mentioned. it just stays in my glovebox when i'm not using it. sry if this is a thread jack but i was wondering if you guys unplug your ipods when you turn off your car. because i've noticed my still charges even if the car is off so i'm hesitant to leave it plugged b/c i don't want to drain my battery. what do yall do?
    06' WRB TR(Stock)

i doubt an ipod will drain your battery.
    2004 Aspen White WRX

TurboXS Stage 4