MP3 AUX question

This is a discussion on MP3 AUX question within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I did some searching and didnt find the exact answer I was looking for. On the 2007 WRX's that have ...

MP3 AUX question

I did some searching and didnt find the exact answer I was looking for. On the 2007 WRX's that have the AUX input jack for the MP3 player, does anyone know if this is just a cord that plugs into the back of the radio or how this works?

I have not seen the inside of the console on a 2007 yet to know so I wanted to see if anyone had researched this yet.

If it is merely a cord that plugs into the back of the radio that goes to the AUX input jack, is there a plugin place on the back of older model radios as well or if it is something that will only work with a radio from a 2007 - if that is the case, will a 2007 radio fit in my 2003 space?

I know that the MP3 player thing has been beat to death, but i couldnt find anything that specifically covered this part.
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    Hey, being the forum car ADD guy is better than being the forum OG.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Well nobody cares what you think, Seth

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Well the stereo itself is different so it must have the AUX input...

2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

that is what I am talking about.

I am wondering how it wires up to the radio. Is it something that is hard wired to the radio or is it merely a plug in cable in the back of the radio that attaches to that jack that is in the ashtray area.

If it is just a cable, then it is possible I can buy that to plug into my factory radio and have the same AUX input. If it is hardwired from that jack to the back of the radio, then I need the radio and everything.

i know the radio face is different, but if the back of my 2003 radio has the place to plug the aux jack wiring in, then i just need to get the factory AUX cable that goes to it. If it is hardwired or the AUX input cable has a place to plug in that the older radios do not, then i need the radio in addition to the AUX stuff.
    Last edited by GraysonSubaru; 09-26-2006 at 12:21 PM.

Well, the Legacy didnt have an Aux jack before so you had to get a "Jazzy" hardwired into the headunit. I am going to assume the 02-05 WRX headunit needs the same. Just buy someones 07 6 disk. Im sure they will go for sale as soon as people decide to upgrade them.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

we just got a 2007 wrx the other day so i might have the service dept pop the radio out for me to look behind it to see how the AUX jack wires into the radio itself..i will post pictures of the back of it when i get them to do it.