Would amp/subs work with stock face?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Would amp/subs work with stock face? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I want to get some bass for my 02 wrx, but i dont really want to change the face. I ...

Would amp/subs work with stock face?

I want to get some bass for my 02 wrx, but i dont really want to change the face. I like the indash 6 cd changer so whats the point in changing it if i dont have to? If i wanted to get some good subs, would it be possible to keep the stock face?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yep, i used to run an amp and a sub with the stock 6disc.

i didnt like it, sounded horrible in my car because i couldnt adjust the sound settings much at all. but you just have to get this adaptor peice for like $50.

whats the adapter piece for an what does it do?

That'd be a line level adapter. It makes RCA things out of your speaker wire so you can hook you amp up to it. Everything else just wires in like normal. PM if you have any questions about anything on this install. I've recently done it myself. Good luck.

-John
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

a respectable car audio place that does installs would know all about that though right? Ive never done an install and i dont really plan on starting now. It's just that i got a pretty good deal on subs and an amp. I got 2 10'' solo baric L7's and a 1100 watt memphis amp brand new for $250.

The only reason im not going all out and not getting new speakers and a face is because im selling the car next summer and it would be pointless buying all that stuff.

Well... i know im not going to get the most crisp highs but im just looking for solid bass with decent sound. Stock face and speakers will work?

yea, audio places will probably do it. They'll probably tell you you'll have to get a new HU. but I guess depends who you ask / where you go. Just make sure you know before hand what the charge will be for install time and parts (wiring and such). It'll give you more bass, but it's up to you. It wont sound the best, but hey, it's your call. It'll be better though.

-John

p.s. if you got a new HU and speakers and stuff and kept all your stock stuff, you could just take it out and replace it back with stock stufff when you're selling it.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

hows the rattling in the trunk sound? ive never been in a wrx with subs... is it really that bad?

Yea u can do it. Just be warned that it might not sound great. In my old RSX i had a MTX 350watt amp and an 12" Alpine Type R w/ the stock headunit, it was so overpowered that i could barely hear the lyrics.

Now im my WRX i got an Alpine 9835 (26 RMS) headunit w/ the MTX 350watt amp and 12" Type R sub and it sounds very much like surround sound. its balanced well.

Any good shop should know how to do it. Circuit City (like Best Buy) did my RSX. I had a friend of TDC Tuning do my audio and sirius install.
    Last edited by D0WNxSH1FT; 09-25-2006 at 10:16 PM.
    2008 Satin White Pearl WRX Sedan w/ Navi
    2005 San Remo Red WRX Sedan w/ VF34 (traded)
    Pi Kappa Alpha | New England Flat 4

how much did circuit city charge for the install? I have a best buy and CC close, but i was thinking about going to this local car audio place ive bought from before. I can always turn down the bass if its too much and cant hear the lyrics. I know its not going to be surround sound but as long as it works for a winter until i sell the car.

If you keep your stock headunit... you should get a JL audio cleansweep signal processor. It will make everything sound perfectly balanced. Some systems sound horrible if you use the stock headunit and speakers with an aftermarket subwoofer and amp.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.