Pioneer AVIC D2 Install/review with pics! - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Pioneer AVIC D2 Install/review with pics! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; does anyone know how or has figured out to cuztomize the startup screen on the avic d2. I saw a ...

pioneer avic d2 custom startup screen?

does anyone know how or has figured out to cuztomize the startup screen on the avic d2. I saw a forum with some dude who customized it with the Scion logo, and another with the subie logo..but can't find anywhere how they did it??

thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I quote Bennet:

See Avic411.com Forum, but this it right here:

Works with Both D1 and D2. However I found out with the D2 you need to delete more POI files for it to fit on a single layer DVD+r

1. Download "Jerry's PIMMGR" HERE: http://www.avic411.com/forum/download.php?id=6

2. Make the image you want at 500x240 resolution using a image editor of some kind. Import it into PIMMGR and save it as a .PIM. NOTE: JPEG -> PIM has some problems, I reccomend using common colors the D1 allready knows (Blue, Black, White, etc).

3. Take the NAV DVD you use and stick it in your computer.

4. Download "DVD Decrypter" Here: http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/1011845169/1

5. Open DVD Decrypter, click mode, ISO, then read.
    Then click the big button at the bottom.

6. Once the iso making is done, open the image with a ISO Editor, such as UltraISO. (or for you mac users, use OSX Razz )

*SKIP THIS STEP IF USING A Dual Layer DVD*
    7a. Navigate to /IDX/
    7b. Delete:
    Ballerinstaller wrote:
    POIDT004.IDX, POIDT043.IDX, POISR201.IDX through POISR207.IDX

*RESUME STEPS*

8. Navigate to /BG/PIM2DIN/

9. Add the custom .PIM file you created.

10. Save the ISO

11. Burn the ISO with Nero (or equivilant)

12. Insert Burned DVD into D1.

13. Select your custom wallpaper file. The D1 will load it.

13a. DUAL LAYER ONLY: YOUR DONE!

REGULAR DVD:

13b. Eject the DVD and put the stock one back in.

14. YOUR DONE!
    oops

Hope this is not a dumb question.. i am installing a panasonic DVD HU as well - it has the option to buy a seperate module to add NAVI, blah blah.. do all dvd HU require you to be stopped to view a movie. My previous vehicle did not need a bypass. Also - i am trying to find out if the wiring harness for the 06 wrx is the same as the 05 as i have not been able to find a forward harness for the 06. Thanks

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar
    from my understanding most do require you to be at a complete stop with the handbrake on to view videos, also in most states it is illegal to view video in the front seat while driving.
    2006 Aspen White STi
    Stage 2 Open Source Road Tune
    A bunch of bushings from TiC

btw..thanks longislandwrx for that avic forum! Thats great, i had no idea!

and yes..for the Pioneer AVIC D2 , there is a handbrake bypass, and it works, thats how i've installed mine.

^Spammers are losers eh?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.