Audio upgrade- Completed!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Audio upgrade- Completed! within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; (Posted this on NASIOC origionally, figured I should share here too) So I FINALLY got off my ass, hauled my ...

Audio upgrade- Completed!

(Posted this on NASIOC origionally, figured I should share here too)
    So I FINALLY got off my ass, hauled my wagon over to Audio Integrations and set them loose on it. The results? One sweet system setup and a functional cargo area!! Todd and crew did a really clean job installing everything. They made use of their production wagon enclosure & amp rack and fabricated a new floor cover with perfed aluminum so the amps stay cool. Components:
    Kenwood DDX-7015 head unit
    Polk MMC6500 components in the front doors
    Polk MMC525 coax in the rear doors
    Polk MM2124 12" sub
    Polk C400.0 amp driving the door speakers
    Polk C300.2 amp driving the sub
    2x Xpress 1.5 farad digital capacitor
    Audio Integrations 12" wagon Subwoofer enclosure w/silver trim ring
    Audio Integrations wagon amp rack

And now for pictures!!

Bigfoot has a grainy video of me....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    VERY nice. I'm looking forward to unleashing some external amp power in my wagon..
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

Nice setup I'd love to do an audio upgrade also but my wife doesn't give me very much allowance money
    tim price
    Blobeye Syndicate #100

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by taprice
    Nice setup I'd love to do an audio upgrade also but my wife doesn't give me very much allowance money
    No comment.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Oh come on Ray its no fun if you don't try a little
    tim price
    Blobeye Syndicate #100

Hot! That's exactly what my cargo space will look like (well, with a 10") when I get the money for it.

Ok, possibly a little less clean since Audio Integrations is far from here, but I'll be using their parts for all of it.
    2003 White Sportswagon
    Mods: Cobb stg 2 (STX map), Whiteline strut braces, SRBs and swaybars, Kartboy rear endlinks, 04+ rear swaybar mounts, Hawk HPS brake pads meeting Powerslot front rotors, Bridgestone Potenza RE-01Rs, some stereo
    Pending: some more stereo. Front endlinks?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by taprice
    Oh come on Ray its no fun if you don't try a little
    Nah, I've moved on past being bitter about the financial limitations of being a family man. After seeing some of the screwed up women that others are married to, I feel damned lucky.

Back on topic: I do intend to do the sub thing sometime soon. The stock sub is making me crazy. Also, I'm looking forward to amping my front Polks. I can tell that I'm not getting their full potential with the HU amp.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

how do the component speakers sound? im gettin a 07 sti and i wanna immediately change out the head unit to a alpine and change the door speakers. do the components sound good or do u still need to add tweeters. i dont wanna add subs either.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by haroman311
    how do the component speakers sound? im gettin a 07 sti and i wanna immediately change out the head unit to a alpine and change the door speakers. do the components sound good or do u still need to add tweeters. i dont wanna add subs either.
    This is a highly subjective question. Of the two Impreza's and one Legacy that I've owned, I've yet to be impressed with any of Subaru's stock speakers. What Subaru calls "upgraded speakers" is still paper cone junk, IMO.

Some people are perfectly happy with them, though. Just get the car and see for yourself how you like them. It's not that expensive to throw some decent speakers in there if you decide to later.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

The biggest complaint with the Subaru system is the control that the HU itself seems to have over everything. The more you turn it up the more it dumbs down the sound, as a defense mechanism I'm sure. I desperatly want to swap out at least the HU but again I have to choose where I spend my monies carefully.
    tim price
    Blobeye Syndicate #100

I like the setup, looks nice, Audio Integrations rocks (i have one too )

Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    Nah, I've moved on past being bitter about the financial limitations of being a family man. After seeing some of the screwed up women that others are married to, I feel damned lucky.

Back on topic: I do intend to do the sub thing sometime soon. The stock sub is making me crazy. Also, I'm looking forward to amping my front Polks. I can tell that I'm not getting their full potential with the HU amp.
    How is the stock sub making you crazy? I have one coming in the 06 I am buying today. SO let me know...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaWRX
    How is the stock sub making you crazy? I have one coming in the 06 I am buying today. SO let me know...
    Well...it sucks. Any amount of volume with a strong bassline results in buzzing and noise. Its frequency range also seems to be limited. Anything that's not in its "sweet spot" frequency window is just lost. Also, it doesn't deliver "clean" bass.

With my sedan I went from the stock sub to a trunk-mounted Basslink, and the difference was enormous.

I don't know jack about the subs that come in '06's. If they're like the underseat things that came in the '02's, then I'd save for something better. Just my opinion, though.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

Quote Originally Posted by haroman311
    I think you mean the coaxials? At any rate the coaxials in the rear doors do their job of fill sound very nicely, but I deffinatly notice the tweeters (part of the component set in the front doors) as the highs are much more clear now than with the stock ones. Does that answer your question?
    Bigfoot has a grainy video of me....

I Support ClubWRX
    My bad, I read his post and misunderstood him to be talking about the stock components. I have Polk coaxials in my wagon and love them.
    --Ray
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.