Installing New Headunit 2006 Impreza

This is a discussion on Installing New Headunit 2006 Impreza within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hello everyone, im new and this is my first post and i already have a question haha. My mate has ...

Installing New Headunit 2006 Impreza

Hello everyone, im new and this is my first post and i already have a question haha. My mate has a 06 Impreza and he is getting an alpine stereo. consisting of a couple amps, single 12" sub, front speakers and headunit.

Im not new to car stereo installs however ive never pulled appart a subaru . Im doing it on friday, and hes not mechanical at all so its gonna be me on my own haha. All i know is that its a single din headunit, so the new one should just fit in, does anyone have a wiring diagram to save me testing all the cables? also removing this unit will it effect the car at all? and disconnecting the battery will that cause any issues either? with alarms etc etc.

Im just after any useful pointers and tips, (photos would be fantastic too).
    Edit: i just found this post 06 headunit installation write-up - got the pics of that cause they arent showing.
    Any particar side ppl found the easiest to get through the firewall? i know im my commodore it was easier to go through on the left side and go to the right side in the engine bay to get to the battery.

Sorry for the long post, cheers.
    Last edited by it_student; 07-19-2006 at 08:30 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yep, using the search feature at the top will answer most of your questions. As for running the power wire, what I have done in most of my installs is just run it up and hide it under the space between the hood and the side fender. There is a little gap there. Then I run it down and under the carpet and floorboards all the way back to the trunk.