MP3 Player hooked up to stock stereo??? Can it be done?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on MP3 Player hooked up to stock stereo??? Can it be done? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hi everyone, I'm very seriously considering purchasing the Sandisk Sansa c150 2GB MP3 Player ( http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=384027 ) and was wondering ...

Question MP3 Player hooked up to stock stereo??? Can it be done?

Hi everyone,

I'm very seriously considering purchasing the Sandisk Sansa c150 2GB MP3 Player (http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...uctCode=384027) and was wondering if there is any way to create a jack or something in my 2005 WRX so that I could plug this MP3 player in and get audio through the speakers? I've searched the forums some and it seems like every post is about an iPod mount or a CD MP3 deck.

I'd ideally like to rig some sort of jack that could sit in the glove box or something and I could plug the flash MP3 player into it, close the glove box, and go! Anyone ever heard of anything like this? I'd really appreciate any feedback.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the only way you could do it on the stock headunit is if you use an FM transmitter.
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

An FM transmitter huh? Ok how much do those run and how tough are they to install?

Thanks a lot for the reply!!

http://www.nextag.com/mp3-fm-transmitter/search-html they just plug in nothing to install
    Last edited by JOHN91709; 06-06-2006 at 01:27 PM.
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

IMHO, the sound quality produced by those FM transmitters isn't that great - especially when you get signal interference in a major metro area. Those $15 tape deck adapters really aren't that bad.

Great thank you very very much for your help! )

Do a search for the "Jazzy" board. That's what you need.
    -Max.

06 STU STI
    2006 STU Pro Solo Natl. Champ.
    www.zzyzxmotorsports.com

Audio 2 Car kit will give you the best sound quality but you'll have to take the head unit out to install it (Best Buy installs it for like $25ish.)

If you're looking at a sandisk C100 series go for the E200 series. It's like $10 more and it's got video, a bigger screen, and expandable memory.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.