Alpine audio...

This is a discussion on Alpine audio... within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; So as of now im picking up my Alpine 9857 headunit tomorrow afternoon. My original plans fell through and i'll ...

Alpine audio...

So as of now im picking up my Alpine 9857 headunit tomorrow afternoon. My original plans fell through and i'll be installing it myself which shouldn't be to much of an issue. I was also planning on installing speakers also. Does anyone know if the Alpine SPR-17LS
    will fit up front? I know I will need to get adapter rings but what size? I hope these aren't too deep.

Thanks for any input
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

1 inch spacer and the adapter plate that comes with the speakers, this fits perfectly. if you dont use the alpine plate the mag will hit the window.
    NewEnglandF4

Quote Originally Posted by RSoxWRX
    1 inch spacer and the adapter plate that comes with the speakers, this fits perfectly. if you dont use the alpine plate the mag will hit the window.

Thanks, thats just what I was looking for. Think this project is do-able seeing as though I know close to nothing?

i got all alpine in my car sounds great. if you do the rears you will need to cut the door if you want 6.5 no spacer needed there. if you dont have an amp for your speakers get one, type r's sound funny without one imo
    NewEnglandF4

Quote Originally Posted by RSoxWRX
    i got all alpine in my car sounds great. if you do the rears you will need to cut the door if you want 6.5 no spacer needed there. if you dont have an amp for your speakers get one, type r's sound funny without one imo

The money i'm saving on install may go to an amp...not sure yet. If not ill have one before the end of summer. It will still sound much better then stock with the 9857.

i decided to keep 5.25's in the back since i didn't want to cut and i just finshined dynomatting and installing the alpine sps-13c2 in the rears. They are running off the stock HU, but i definity noticed a difference already. Still waiting for my spacers to install the sps-17ls's in the front.
    -The best thing about the rear install was that i didn't need spacers. I just drilled two holes and used the top stock mounting hole and everything fits perfectly. So you really don't need adapters to fit 5.25's.

sup jake.. i'll help u install... after i installed those gauges i feel like i can conquer the world...
    holla atchya boy!

Quote Originally Posted by ODiz413
    sup jake.. i'll help u install... after i installed those gauges i feel like i can conquer the world...

Yeah for sure, me and Luke are installin it this weekend.