Speaker spacer problem
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Speaker spacer problem within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I baught alpine 6.5 component speakers and i need 1 inch spacers for them. I know i can get them ...

Speaker spacer problem

I baught alpine 6.5 component speakers and i need 1 inch spacers for them. I know i can get them from iaperformace, but i work at best buy so the universal spacers that are 1 inch cost me $1.73 for two of them and $1.63 for the rear two of them. Only problem is that once i placed them up to the door, the holes are different so i'd have to drill holes into my door. I am a bit hesitant to drill into my door. Even though its not a visible place, i just don't feel it will be as clean of an install as if i got the custom fit spacers that fit right into the stock mounting holes.

Should i buy the $50 iaperfomance spacers or keep my $3 spacers and drill the holes?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I dont see what the big deal is, just run some self tapping screws through them and the sheet metal. I must have made my own holes on just about every other speaker install that Ive ever done (when I used to be an installer).
    - Local Riceist

Quote Originally Posted by lilneel12
    I baught alpine 6.5 component speakers and i need 1 inch spacers for them. I know i can get them from iaperformace, but i work at best buy so the universal spacers that are 1 inch cost me $1.73 for two of them and $1.63 for the rear two of them. Only problem is that once i placed them up to the door, the holes are different so i'd have to drill holes into my door. I am a bit hesitant to drill into my door. Even though its not a visible place, i just don't feel it will be as clean of an install as if i got the custom fit spacers that fit right into the stock mounting holes.

Should i buy the $50 iaperfomance spacers or keep my $3 spacers and drill the holes?
    i have the same speakers use the screw the 1" spacer into the doors and then attach the alpine bracket with the machine screw holes on it to the 1" spacer and attach the speaker to that. get some dynamat door kit should be about $35 give or take w/ the discount.
    and get an amp!!!! personal opinion i think R's sound like ass without an amp to push them.
    NewEnglandF4

How big of a spacer can you go before you have to cut the interior door panels?

Quote Originally Posted by Earshot
    How big of a spacer can you go before you have to cut the interior door panels?
    i THINK that it would be pushing it to say 1.5" its about 1.25" with the spacer and alpine bracket. i had just enough room once i installed the alpine bracket.
    NewEnglandF4

i ended up getting the iaperformance spacers from someone on nasioc, so i'll drill holes for the rear speakers
    front are the alpine type r and
    rear are the alpine type s 5 1/4inch.

hope these sound good. i spend a total of 150$ for both sets Brand New.
    -i may get an amp later on, but kind short on cash, since im getting a pioneer 7inch lcd Headunit.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.