Audio Integrations Demo Car Build
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Audio Integrations Demo Car Build within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; My 05 WRX sedan is now going to become my shops "demo" car. Nothing too crazy like a lot of ...

Audio Integrations Demo Car Build w/Update 6/05/06

My 05 WRX sedan is now going to become my shops "demo" car. Nothing too crazy like a lot of shops cars are, pretty straight forward. The cool thing is almost all the installation pieces I will be using in it will be made from fiberglass so it's lightweight, available for sale on our website, and will have a large selection of different materials and colors to choose from. All said and done a person could have a total custom looking install for a fraction of the price.

I thought this would be a good place to show the progress of the build up, as well as get feedback on some of the products we'll be developing along the way. We'll post pics as we move along so you can see some of the work in progress and hopefully use some of the ideas and techniques on your own system.

Here's the current idea and setup, some of it like the headunit and things may change when I actually get to that part, but for now its:

Headunit - Alpine? - Flush mount with Tein EDFC controller

Front Speakers- Diamond Audio S600s and S440s in the front doors (Hex 6,4,tweet) in custom door pods

Subwoofer - Diamond Audio D6 12D2 - In a Perfect Fit Enclosure

Amplifiers - Diamond Audio D6 300.4 - All channels running doors, no rear speakers and Diamond Audio D6 1000.1 - Running 1 ohm mono to the 12

Wire and Accessories - Phoenix Gold

Alarm - Clifford Avant Guard 5 Remote Start

Damping Materials - Cascade Audio Engineering

Pretty simple setup but it will sound amazing when done! We know you don't have to have a trunk full of audio gear to get great sound, it's all about using quality equipment and doing the extra steps on the installation. When all said and done that's what the car will be about.

We'll also be showing the other mods we do to the car as well. So I know none of you have seen a stock 05 WRX before, so here it is in all it's glory.

The Perfect Fit Enclosure may get swapped out for a custom color matched version in the future, but for now I'm going to be rockin' the carpet.

*UPDATE* 05/19
    Amp Rack

Here's a couple of shots of the sedan amp rack and the beginning of the mold. It will sit vertically behind the rear seats, mount with a couple of brackets, and have trim panels that trim it out to the car. We have to build up the mold nice and thick before we can even think about demolding it.

The original (in yellow) with flanges added for the mold process.

Tooling gel coat applied.

The first couple of layers of fiberglass mat laid down.

Update 5/22

We added another 1/4 inch of mat to the first layers and let it cure. Then we added a flat piece of wood in the bottom and the frame up top to keep everything flat and straight. After a couple more layers of mat we will pull it all apart.

Here's the begining of the door pods. I will have a 6, 4, and tweet set up in my door but it will also work for just a 6 and tweet.

Next we'll add foam to the door panels and grind/sand them to get the desired shape as well as pull our amp rack mold apart.

*UPDATE 5/29*

Heres some pics of the amp racks progress. First we pulled it from the mold and began the task of wet sanding the mold. Theres still some work to do on the mold before we can pull good parts, but we pulled a quick part for developing brackets and flush trim. The outer flush part will be wrapped in the matching carpet, and the inner ring will be available in all the same materials as the Perfect Fit Enclosures.

Quick prototype part being made

Test fitting trim piece

All pieces with carpet and vinyl

**Update!!** 6/05 Door Pods

So here's a couple more of the door pods. I will be fitting a 6 and 4 in them but they can be used for just a 6 or a 6 and tweet.

Shaped and sanded with filler

The back side, shaped the same as the door panel

On the door

With grill template out

With filler primer shot

Next we'll sand the primer down and get it perfectly smooth and start to make the mold!

**Update!! 6/14**

Here's a couple shots of the finished door pod. This is just one of the grills that may be offered, so different looks and styles will be available. We also have to re-work part of the mold to make them more installer friendly and a little easier to reproduce.

They're not the greatest pictures, have quite the yellow look to them. The vinyl we used was straight black and after cleaning them up on the door panel the black looks too dark. We got a charcoal color that we'll try next time for a closer to stock look.

The final product for sale may be a little bit different, it's going to take some time to get everything dialed in so it all comes together perfectly everytime.

We'll keep ya posted on the progress and any changes we make to em!

**Update!! 6/21**
    First day of summer, thought we'd do a quick update on other sections of the build up, we got our power and under hood wires ran, and upgraded all the factory ground and power wire also.

Battery trim

Plex battery cover

Wire run to back

Under fender

No doors makes running wire easier :lol:
    Last edited by Audio Integrations; 02-07-2007 at 12:58 PM.
    "I see us as being in the art business. Art, entertainment and mobile sculpture, which, coincidentally, also happens to provide transportation."--Bob Lutz

www.audiointegrations.net

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I love that sub enclosure.

I jus tput my alpine IVA-W200 in today and the thing is nice. Not quite flush though, so I may try and move my brackets around, Im not too sure yet.

:subscribes:
    t3h Z w00t!!!
    Blobeye Syndicate #12
    ???
    ooo you touched my tra la la
    Quote Originally Posted by ShardAerithes
    My buddy has an SRT-4, I watched him beat an F-16 from a roll.

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHN91709
    :subscribes:
    +1
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

updates? pics?

So how does it sound compared to typical rear firing trunk mounted enclosures?

There is alot of material behind those back seats and on the back deck, did you do anything special?

Can't wait to see pics
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

Quote Originally Posted by LeeC
    Can't wait to see pics

Cool stuff, bet the finished product will look great.
    94 Anthracite 6spd Supra - 9.87@147

LS2 RX7-2014 Tundra DC-GD Race Car In Progress

Yea can't wait to see it all together, good job!
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

I have one of these with a tiny D3 12" and 500w amp... and I must say it hits just as hard if not harder than my 15" I replaced. Admitted the 15 was older and I couldn't push it as hard as the 12 but I'm more than pleased with the sound output.

JasonG

Amp rack looks nice so far!
    Eager for more pics....

I have a few suggestions for you. SInce this is going to be the demo car for your company, why would you not put in the Clifford Advantguard 5.5X or the Intelliguard 990X with intellistart and smart windows.

As for the head unit I'm not sure what product lines you carry but I would go with something alone the lines of the Clarion DRZ925, or do something like the Pioneer Premier 980BT. Cuz let me tell you blue tooth is awesome to have in the car.

If this was my set up I would be putting more power to the fronts, but that is my personal preference.

I will be definately be checking out what you come up with as I'm about to start my install in my 04 WRX sedan. However fitting the Diamond D7402 and D7104 will be a bit of a pain the ass while making it nice and stealth.... oh well should make for some nice long nights.
    Last edited by mixhard; 05-20-2006 at 11:50 AM.

Total noob here, your shop looks pretty cool, along with the stuff you're building, waiting for more pics.

Will the amps racks be for sale? Will they go into production, cause if this looks good, i'm sure they'd sell.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast