Installing Sirius antenna - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Installing Sirius antenna within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by njazwrx i went pretty mucht the same route as ronbang did with mine and have not lost ...

Quote Originally Posted by njazwrx
    i went pretty mucht the same route as ronbang did with mine and have not lost reception once yet. the only time i did was when i pulled into my garage but that is to be expected. Never had any type of subscription radio but i am really loving sirius.
    Ever since my wife and I bought Sirius we have never gone back to FM. It is SO much better to be able to listen to the music that YOU want, not what the stations playlist says everyone wants.

I'm a big hair metal fan so Hairspray is my favorite channel, except for Howard Stern. We listen to that constantly.

later,
    KrustyTC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You guys work too hard. I mounted mine at the front edge of the roof, in the center. The cable is routed inside the weather stripping ( I used a plastic spoon to feed it in there) then down the A pillar and into the cabin. Of course, I ended up with a lot of extra cable. Reception is just dandy.
    ribonucleic acid freakout

Sirius antenna mounting on a 2008 - 2009?

I'm in the process of installing my stereo in my new 09 WRX. I'm getting really bad reception having my sirius antenna on the dash and want to mount it on the roof. What's the best way to accomplish this? I want to replace the stock antenna with a shark fin VG Shark Fin Antenna - What Is It? with a sirius antenna underneath it, but not sure how to start. Does the headliner have to be removed? any tutorials out there?
    Last edited by jamie007; 08-05-2009 at 09:19 PM.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:
    99 Civic Si (RIP), 2004 WRX, 2006 STI Cobb stage II

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes you would need to remove the headliner to complete that job the cleanest way possible, I guess you could remove all the OS handles and visor, hanger knobs and drop it down enough to tuck it along the roof there.. I would check the tutorials section to see if anything on removing interior panels in 09s is in there yet. If not, take some pics and do a write up!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I mounted my antenna inside the car on the plastic shelf of the rear hatch. I used a piece of double sided tape to attach it to the plastic.
    09 Premium Wagon
    Cobb CBE, Factory Sub & Sirius

Quote Originally Posted by FACTION95 View Post
    I mounted my antenna inside the car on the plastic shelf of the rear hatch. I used a piece of double sided tape to attach it to the plastic.
    I'm not sure what you mean by plastic shelf? Do you have a picture or a better description of where you are talking about? Do you get good reception there?
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:
    Cobb stage II, Kartboy SS, SPT Catback, Cobb DP, WL Sways, Perrin/AVO Endlinks, Conti DWS

Previous rides:

I don't have a picture but on the rear hatch right at the bottom of the window there is a plastic panel. The panel sticks out about an inch or two. I stuck the antenna on the top of the plastic shelf. I get great reception. It has a clear view of the sky right through the glass.
    09 Premium Wagon
    Cobb CBE, Factory Sub & Sirius

Quote Originally Posted by FACTION95 View Post
    I don't have a picture but on the rear hatch right at the bottom of the window there is a plastic panel. The panel sticks out about an inch or two. I stuck the antenna on the top of the plastic shelf. I get great reception. It has a clear view of the sky right through the glass.
    Ahh, I see, is your window tinted? I've heard some people saying that if you have window tint it might not work good because there is tiny metal flakes in the tint. Mine is limo so not sure if it would work.
    Jamie
    2009 WRX Prem Hatch:

Previous rides:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12