subwoofer/amp problem
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on subwoofer/amp problem within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; well, i own a pioneer 10" sub with a bazoka amp, it worked fine for about 15 months. the sub ...

subwoofer/amp problem

well, i own a pioneer 10" sub with a bazoka amp, it worked fine for about 15 months. the sub has a few cracks on it, all from impacts. Recently, all the sub does now is emit a continuois rumble, with varying amounts of bass coming out of it as soon as i plug it into the amp. I dont think the sub is blown, i have it on -5 on the bass control, and i dont listen to bassy music, maybe its the amp? im not sure, any help would be appreciated!
    New England F4

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

check the wiring from the box to the sub. Also try putting another sub in your trunk to check if the amp is blown or not. I got this humming noise too when I had a JL W0, it was a blown sub though. Does your amp and sub match each other's requirements? Under powering a sub will cause more damage to a Sub than overpowering it.

-alex
    Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

well, im no expert. The person that installed it does it for a living, so i was under the impression that power and what not was correct. The wiring seems solid also.
    New England F4

check the grounding on the amp. if you're just connecting the sub to the amp (powered on without music) and it immediately rumbles, odds are that something is wrong with that amp. i dont think you're clipping the amp, unless the gain on it is all the way up.

if you are already playing music and its rumbling, my guesses would be:
    the rumbling could be from the cracks to rub rub during the resonances or since it has been impacted a lot, the magnet gap possibly became misaligned.

My mtx amp did that same thing. I truned down the boost control all the way down and took it off. Then I play with the control on the amp olny. The gain on mind is about half way.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.