Stereo upgrade help! :D - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 16 to 28 of 28

This is a discussion on Stereo upgrade help! :D within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Question to go along with this, how much better are the "upgraded" subaru speakers than the crappy ones that are ...

  1. #16
    Registered User soupsredline's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    115
    Question to go along with this, how much better are the "upgraded" subaru speakers than the crappy ones that are in the stock TR?? Cause I found the "upgraded" speakers for $130 and was thinking about getting them then a new headunit and calling it a day. Again, I like to listen to the music loud sometimes, but for the most part just don't like the crappy sound from the stock speakers.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User kiger0183's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    SLC, Ut
    Posts
    617
    Quote Originally Posted by eld4au6
    you might want to wait, the 2007 sti limited has a new head unit that has satilite radio and a aux jack
    80 degrees! DIZZZZAMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNN
    Stage II and loving it!

  4. #18
    Registered User eld4au6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Anniston AL
    Posts
    1,088
    Quote Originally Posted by kiger0183
    80 degrees! DIZZZZAMMMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNN
    Yeah its been kinda warm here lately, highs today were 87
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

  5. #19
    Registered User DJSHADOW7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,675
    Well I went ahead an purchased the 9857 today with some alpine componant speakers. My dad has a hook up at a local electronics store and I was able to get the headunit for 256$ with the ipod cord. Its all getting installed on the 29th since the headunit/ipod cord aren't in stock. I can't wait
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

    Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

  6. #20
    Registered User eld4au6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Anniston AL
    Posts
    1,088
    congrats
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

  7. #21
    Registered User kusan_31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Hilo, Hawaii
    Posts
    23
    if you want to stay with alpine, you can go with the type r components for the loudest, cheapest, good quality comps. the good thing about alpine speakers is that they dont require a whole lot of power to get them moving. the best thing to do though is sample the speakers @ local dealers.

    oh! one more thing, check how much pre-outs are on the back of the alpine deck just in case you want to connect amps directly to the HU.

  8. #22
    Registered User DJSHADOW7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,675
    Quote Originally Posted by kusan_31
    if you want to stay with alpine, you can go with the type r components for the loudest, cheapest, good quality comps. the good thing about alpine speakers is that they dont require a whole lot of power to get them moving. the best thing to do though is sample the speakers @ local dealers.

    oh! one more thing, check how much pre-outs are on the back of the alpine deck just in case you want to connect amps directly to the HU.

    If I was using the type R's or the type S's would I need a seperate amp or would the headunit provide enough?
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

    Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

  9. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    33
    if it were me i would say go big on the front components and buy yourself a smaller four channel amp to bridge to the front

    I just baught an arc audio 4050xxk that im going to bridge to a pair of rainbow germanium components in the front ....ill prolly buy some rainbow sl coaxials for rear fill but they wont need to be amped

    o ya and the preouts on the new alines are only 2v which isnt much but it will get the job done

  10. #24
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    New England
    Posts
    33
    o ya....be ready to struggle with putting anything good inthe front because of depth

  11. #25
    Registered User kusan_31's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Hilo, Hawaii
    Posts
    23
    i think the stock deck will sound good but just dont push the deck amp to distortion when turning it up.

    you can take a look @ http://www.iaperformance.com/ for spacers that are already made for our cars . they come in different thicknesses to compensate the ideal mounting depth.
    they should also have tutorials to shave the inside of the door for added space in front of the cone

  12. #26
    Registered User DJSHADOW7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,675
    Quote Originally Posted by kusan_31
    i think the stock deck will sound good but just dont push the deck amp to distortion when turning it up.

    you can take a look @ http://www.iaperformance.com/ for spacers that are already made for our cars . they come in different thicknesses to compensate the ideal mounting depth.
    they should also have tutorials to shave the inside of the door for added space in front of the cone

    I will be using the Alpine CDA-9857 with my set up. Ive already been able to get a real good deal since we know someone at an audio shop. He told me he would through in the spacers for no additional cost
    Im still waiting for the HU to come in, expected date is the 29th. Thanks for your help!
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

    Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

  13. #27
    Registered User WRXDrummer04's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    188
    Quote Originally Posted by DJSHADOW7
    If I was using the type R's or the type S's would I need a seperate amp or would the headunit provide enough?
    If you want the type R (more power and slightly better sound, you would need an amp because the 9857 puts out 18x4 watts RMS, and the Rs will handle 70 watts easy, twice as much if you have a clean amp...

    I would still recommend an amp for the type S but at 50W RMS it's your decision. 50W is about the maximum you want to go with on head unit amp only...

  14. #28
    Registered User DJSHADOW7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,675
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXDrummer04
    If you want the type R (more power and slightly better sound, you would need an amp because the 9857 puts out 18x4 watts RMS, and the Rs will handle 70 watts easy, twice as much if you have a clean amp...

    I would still recommend an amp for the type S but at 50W RMS it's your decision. 50W is about the maximum you want to go with on head unit amp only...

    Thanks for the input its much appreciated. Im thinking of sticking with the type S because of the great deal I can get on them. For now im thinking ill stick with the amp in the headunit.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

    Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •