Alpine CDA-9857 W/ Ipod full speed - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Alpine CDA-9857 W/ Ipod full speed within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by PolarisSnT So its a direct bolt in, but are there any additional wiring harnesses you need to ...

Quote Originally Posted by PolarisSnT View Post
    So its a direct bolt in, but are there any additional wiring harnesses you need to buy to hook it up to your car?
    I use crutchfield.com and they supply you with the correct harness for your car at no charge (You can also buy it separately from most places). The harness just attaches to the after market deck, so all you have to do is plug it in. Also makes putting the stock unit back in the car very easy as you just clip it in.

Feel free to PM me with any other questions
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Tallahassee, FL is home... Memphis, TN for school
    You will need the Alpine wiring harness and a Subaru harness kit, then merge the two together so that later it is plug and play.

Don't forget the Forester din pocket!

Man I love it!
    2002 PSM WRX <- going back to stock Suspension parts GALORE for sale!
    The Project STX Sedan Build Thread
    Race hard or go home!

Quote Originally Posted by tayhadar1 View Post
    I use crutchfield.com and they supply you with the correct harness for your car at no charge (You can also buy it separately from most places). The harness just attaches to the after market deck, so all you have to do is plug it in. Also makes putting the stock unit back in the car very easy as you just clip it in.

Feel free to PM me with any other questions
    Mine was not that simple but it worked well for me!
    Race hard or go home!

Just installed my CDA 9857 today. Very easy, about 45min including splicing the harness together then installing in the car.

Overall CD quality is great, even on the stock speakers, CDs now sound much much better. Im awaiting my IPOD cable to fully use this HU and the main reason I bought it was to itegrate my IPOD.

Anyone else notice some radio stations are not as clear or are now staticy where as they were fine on the stock unit?
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

There is a little bit of that but I found that my antenna cable was not pushed in all the way... now it is about the same as the stock piece.

The iPod cable is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!
    Race hard or go home!

Quote Originally Posted by PolarisSnT View Post
    Anyone else notice some radio stations are not as clear or are now staticy where as they were fine on the stock unit?
    Yeah I noticed this as well, but when you connect your iPod you will never listen to the radio again
    GO COUGS!!!

Just got the Ipod cable and WOW it sounds great. Quality is excellent, even for stock speakers, and its very easy to use. Just waiting on my Forester DIN to finish off the dash but this thing rocks!
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

Little update:

So I got a new car, and wanted a new deck. So I checked out the new players and I got the Alpine IDA-X001. It is so sweet, and controls the iPod very well. Plus the screen is color and displays the same info as the iPod, including album art. The best part is.... no cd player! I realized this would be perfect as I never used mine in my the 9857.

GO COUGS!!!

Very awesome. But I still use my cd player sometimes
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.