Alpine CDA-9857 W/ Ipod full speed - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Alpine CDA-9857 W/ Ipod full speed within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Nice lookin' set up! I'm jealous because mine hasn't come in yet.... soon enough....

Nice lookin' set up! I'm jealous because mine hasn't come in yet.... soon enough.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i got a sweet deal on the HU because i used to work at best buy so one of my inside men hooked me up with the discount. Car audio is like one of the biggest marked up things for retail, i got it for 219 from 349 or whatever it was.

It's finnaly here More pics/review coming soon!

nice setup. its a great HU

Where do you get the Forester DIN pocket. I think I am going to buy that because I had a Apine 9830 with the Ipod adapter and it frickin ruled!!! I need one of those DIN pockets though.
    2004 WRX Sti Cobb Stage 2
    GO COUGS!!!

Oops, I should read better! Sorry!
    GO COUGS!!!

You bastard, you made me just get the exact same setup. I just ordered everything including the forester din pocket. I had the 9830 with the KCA-420i (ipod adaptor) in my old car and loved it. It was slow to search and that is why I am excited for this one since it searches quicker
    GO COUGS!!!

i have owned quite a few alpine head units... all because i wanted ipod integration.
    first i started with the 9815... it was my first aftermarket head unit and i liked it, and loved using the ipod in the car although it wasnt a perfect solution.

then i found a deal on a 9835 and liked that it would be all green to match and that it displayed a good amount more text than my previous setup. i dont think i have a photo but this is what it looks like...

then i got totally fed up at the fact that i'm the worst navigator ever and that i get lost everywhere i go. doesnt help that i am a photojournalist and have to go to new locations several times a day, so i ended up buying a IVA-D300 and the NVE-N852A navigation system

now i'm stepping it up once again thanks to a hookup of mine and i'm getting the Alpine Blackbird navigation system which is a step up because it is a touchscreen system, and i'm also getting the IVA-W200 which is a double din dvd player which enables much better integration with the ipod, something i've been yearning for since the beginning. the blackbird is a portable unit, but can be plugged into the docking station to operate through my head unit like a normal system would... the best of both worlds and i'm really looking forward to it.
    i think this should be the final destination as far as ICE goes... i'm not that big into it, just want to enjoy using what i own.

and for the record i've also got an Alpine TV Tuner just for kicks, and its kinda nice sometimes when i'm bored waiting for someone or trying to impress a dumb girl or something . I also have an Infinity Basslink which I am very happy with for its size and simplicity, and i have Polk DB6500 component speakers in the front.

ok yeah looking back i'm crazy. all (most) upgrades were because i've got a friend who can get me good pricing so i swear i didnt pay retail over and over and over...
    Last edited by Wrinkleboi; 06-03-2006 at 06:58 PM.

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Quote Originally Posted by tayhadar1
    You bastard, you made me just get the exact same setup. I just ordered everything including the forester din pocket. I had the 9830 with the KCA-420i (ipod adaptor) in my old car and loved it. It was slow to search and that is why I am excited for this one since it searches quicker

Nice dude, you will love it. Now I'm just waiting on my Alpine Type R components ... the stock speakers sound much better with the alpine btw.

Quote Originally Posted by eld4au6

GONE FOREVER

James Blunt FTW!
    1999 BMW 328i - R.I.P.
    2004 JBP WRX - R.I.P.
    2007 SWP STi
    And Loving Every Minute Of It.

Alpine W200 Blackbird combo

Wrinkleboi
    "now i'm stepping it up once again thanks to a hookup of mine and i'm getting the Alpine Blackbird navigation system which is a step up because it is a touchscreen system, and i'm also getting the IVA-W200 which is a double din dvd player which enables much better integration with the ipod, something i've been yearning for since the beginning. the blackbird is a portable unit, but can be plugged into the docking station to operate through my head unit like a normal system would... the best of both worlds and i'm really looking forward to it."

I am seriously considering this set up. Really like the idea of taking the blackbird with me on business trips, wifes car whatever and being able to mount dok in glovebox or center console and drive nave IVA-W200 in my car. Have you done this yet? How is it working? I have read some review saying the blackbird is slow, not sure how much that matters.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by nSj77h
    James Blunt FTW!
    be nice!
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

Quote Originally Posted by Atomic62
    I am seriously considering this set up. Really like the idea of taking the blackbird with me on business trips, wifes car whatever and being able to mount dok in glovebox or center console and drive nave IVA-W200 in my car. Have you done this yet? How is it working? I have read some review saying the blackbird is slow, not sure how much that matters.
    Thanks
    I havent received the new goodies yet, they are still on order. I havent really read any reviews on this stuff, just info that has been passed on to me through the store my buddy works in . Generally if he gives it the OK, its gonna be good. Hopefully I wont find it to be slow, havent heard anything about that before.
    Bryan

-2003 Blue WRX, complete 2007 STi Engine/Drivetrain transplant - Pic 1 | Pic 2 | Pic 3 | Pic 4 (new!)
    -1994 Black Supra TT 6MT - Pic | Build/Restoration Thread: 67mm, Fuel, Painted Engine Bay, Fuse Box Relocation, Wire Tuck, etc.

www.TriStateTuners.com

Blackbird

Cool - please post how you like it. Seems like it should be sweet.

So its a direct bolt in, but are there any additional wiring harnesses you need to buy to hook it up to your car?
    Dan- 2004 PSM 5spd

"Days get shorter, nights get longer, snow gets deeper, life gets better."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.