Alpine CDA-9857 W/ Ipod full speed - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 54

This is a discussion on Alpine CDA-9857 W/ Ipod full speed within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by blarg did you have to get a different bracket for the head unit or did you just ...

  1. #16
    Registered User iMP|2EZiONS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Colorado Springs/Boulder, Colorado
    Posts
    1,510
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    did you have to get a different bracket for the head unit or did you just re-use the stock one and just mouned the radio and DIN pocked in it?
    I just used the stock braket. The Alpine comes with an adapter already on it (atleast mine did) I just had to remove it and it bolted right up to the stock mounting points.
    2005 CGM STi

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User blarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calmer than you are
    Posts
    10,366
    cool....it I realized earlier that you could flushmount an aftermarket HU like that I'd have done mine ages ago.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

  4. #18
    Registered User BlkWRXWag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Trabuco Canyon, CA
    Posts
    2,236
    I have the exact same setup - it's fantastic. I did take the time to drill holes for the Forester din pocket. I also drilled a hole in the back of the pocket to pass the Ipod connect wire through. My Ipod just sits in that pocket out of sight.
    -Max.

    06 STU STI
    2006 STU Pro Solo Natl. Champ.
    www.zzyzxmotorsports.com

  5. #19
    Registered User DJSHADOW7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,675
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    I have the exact same setup - it's fantastic. I did take the time to drill holes for the Forester din pocket. I also drilled a hole in the back of the pocket to pass the Ipod connect wire through. My Ipod just sits in that pocket out of sight.

    I'll be drilling the hole in the back of the DIN pocket also. Im waiting anxiously for the HU to arrive

    Did you upgrade the speakers also?
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

    Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

  6. #20
    Registered User BlkWRXWag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Trabuco Canyon, CA
    Posts
    2,236
    No I didn't. I have the "upgraded" Subaru system with underseat Subwoofer and it sounds better with the Alpine than with the stock HU. I probably won't bother upgrading the speakers. The car is not really a daily driver anyway.
    -Max.

    06 STU STI
    2006 STU Pro Solo Natl. Champ.
    www.zzyzxmotorsports.com

  7. #21
    Registered User kevlarcupid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    1,461
    Very awesome setup, dude. I was looking at Alpine HUs, and that looks like a great option. Where can I find the forrester DIN pocket?
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

  8. #22
    Registered User BlkWRXWag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Trabuco Canyon, CA
    Posts
    2,236
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlarcupid
    Very awesome setup, dude. I was looking at Alpine HUs, and that looks like a great option. Where can I find the forrester DIN pocket?
    https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/p...roducts_id=630
    -Max.

    06 STU STI
    2006 STU Pro Solo Natl. Champ.
    www.zzyzxmotorsports.com

  9. #23
    Registered User blarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calmer than you are
    Posts
    10,366
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    No I didn't. I have the "upgraded" Subaru system with underseat Subwoofer and it sounds better with the Alpine than with the stock HU. I probably won't bother upgrading the speakers. The car is not really a daily driver anyway.
    I was just going to post and ask exactly that. I have the upgraded sound system with the SW...how much power than the speakers handle? apparently they work fine with the alpine? I was thinking of getting that Sony HU with the face that flips around and is blank on the back...if I mount that flush my radio will be pretty much invisible.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

  10. #24
    Registered User BlkWRXWag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Trabuco Canyon, CA
    Posts
    2,236
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    I was just going to post and ask exactly that. I have the upgraded sound system with the SW...how much power than the speakers handle? apparently they work fine with the alpine? I was thinking of getting that Sony HU with the face that flips around and is blank on the back...if I mount that flush my radio will be pretty much invisible.
    I have no idea how much the stock speakers can handle. All I can say is they sound fine when I turn my Alpine up. I just did a 1500 mile round trip, and they sounded great. I had that Sony HU in my old wagon. It was very nice, but I would buy the Alpine if you want the Ipod functionality.
    -Max.

    06 STU STI
    2006 STU Pro Solo Natl. Champ.
    www.zzyzxmotorsports.com

  11. #25
    Registered User blarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calmer than you are
    Posts
    10,366
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    I have no idea how much the stock speakers can handle. All I can say is they sound fine when I turn my Alpine up. I just did a 1500 mile round trip, and they sounded great. I had that Sony HU in my old wagon. It was very nice, but I would buy the Alpine if you want the Ipod functionality.
    nope. no Ipod. I have a PocketPC with Windows Medial Player with BT and a BT receiver (RCA out), and a 60 gig WiFi hard drive in the glovebox. so all I have to hook up is the BT reciever to AUX in.

    I had an older version of that sony in my ITR, but there was no way to flush mount it...even though it was blank, it still stuck out like 1/2 an inch with that stupid bezel.

    it would be cool if it could read MP3's or SD cards, but not really necessary. I think the Sony's cheaper too.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

  12. #26
    Registered User BlkWRXWag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Trabuco Canyon, CA
    Posts
    2,236
    Quote Originally Posted by blarg
    I have a PocketPC with Windows Medial Player with BT and a BT receiver
    BT = British Telecom?
    -Max.

    06 STU STI
    2006 STU Pro Solo Natl. Champ.
    www.zzyzxmotorsports.com

  13. #27
    Registered User blarg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Calmer than you are
    Posts
    10,366
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkWRXWag
    BT = British Telecom?
    bluetooth.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

  14. #28
    Registered User subieracer18's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    662
    how much did you guys pay for your headunits?
    VF-39 Powered
    298.71HP/282.36TQ on 93Oct
    319.32HP/308.27TQ on 110Oct

  15. #29
    Registered User DJSHADOW7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    AZ
    Posts
    2,675
    Quote Originally Posted by subieracer18
    how much did you guys pay for your headunits?

    $252 Wont be in until the 31st
    Last edited by DJSHADOW7; 05-11-2006 at 06:54 PM.
    ...If you ever need anything please don't hesitate to ask someone else first.

    Blobeye Syndicate numero uno.

  16. #30
    Registered User lordcon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Abingdon MD
    Posts
    928
    hey! ive recently done the same setup on my '05 wrx and didnt even know about this thread.

    Except instead of a Forester DIN pocket, i got a single black open face pocket that goes in a 2.5rs. It snaps right into the dual DIN metal caddy that was on the stock unit. I cut a hole in the back of the pocket to feed the ipod hookup through.

    my pics: front shot




    inside DIN pocket shot:


+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •