iPOD in my 05 REX...affordable solution????
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on iPOD in my 05 REX...affordable solution???? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; So here's the dilemma: - local retailers dont sell adaptors for iPOD to hook up to stock WRX stereos - ...

iPOD in my 05 REX...affordable solution????

So here's the dilemma:

- local retailers dont sell adaptors for iPOD to hook up to stock WRX stereos
    - i like quality tunes and dont want to go FM transmitter

Any ideas?

thx - Matt

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Registered User Death To Ricers's Avatar
    Honestly I found that a tape adapter sounds just as good as a iPOD hookup. A friend of mine got a whole iPOD adapter and had to get a new deck and what not and he regrets it. He says it is just a $500 iPOD charger. And when you get the iPOD hookup you are not able to scroll on the iPOD itself. That was a down for me.
    2006 WRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX View Post
    You could vote to fix me a sammich.

Tallahassee, FL is home... Memphis, TN for school
    I second the tape deck, however sometimes you have to turn your bass down from it's normal setting because the tape deck somtimes (depending on car) amplifies the bass.

+1

for the tape deck adapter too. I took back my FM transmitter when I bought it an got the tape deck adatper instead FM transmitter is crap in the city. Been happy every since and the IPod sits perfectly either below the change dish or in the drivers cup holder.

Btw don't go buy one that says "for Ipod", I bought an RCA one at Kmart that was for a CD player for 10 bucks...there all the same and it was half the price.

Tallahassee, FL is home... Memphis, TN for school
    Another thing to add, I had an iTrip... it barely worked!!!! I had to have the thing right next to the antenna for it to work!

pwn
    Tip: Dont drive hard with your ipod in the car unless you have a nano, in fact I dont recommend driving with a regular iPOD at all - they are way too sensitive. Moving parts = bad. Nano = no movin parts = WOOT. Just my .02. And yea tape adapter works great, I use mine all the time.

my05 doesn't have a tape player.
    i was wondering the same thing too
    how can i use my iPOD w/out the FM transmiter

i have an 06 TR and im thinking about putting an 04 headunit in since it has a tape deck and then i could use the ipod tape adapter.
    just gotta find out if the 04 unit will fit in the 06. anyone know?

Tape deck adapter will eventually fail and may damage your tape deck. I did that to my sisters sentra. If you want quality, you have to spend for it...
    Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried.

For me I got Alpine CDA-9856 for $199 and an iPod cable for $31. that's all

tape adapter

Tape ADapter? WTF? Didnt they stop making cars with tape players in the late 90's?

What's a good solution for an 05 rex?

Dude who go the alpine, what kind of car you got? I wanted alpine but would have to spend that $$$ you did plus ipod conversion kit (According to bestbuy)

I got 06 wagon, I bought the Alpine CDA-9856 from Crutchfield.com http://www.crutchfield.com/S-IkOVobo...e&i=500CDA9856 and install it myself. It's very easy installation. I also bought Forester din cover for $20. 9856 have an iPod Full speed ready so all you need is a Alpine KCE-422i iPod cable http://www.crutchfield.com/S-IkOVobo...p?i=500KCE422I

Don't let BB BSing you...

Word. I have a BB gift card and will use it to get that deck. What did you mean by this??

" I also bought Forester din cover for $20. 9856 have an iPod Full speed ready"

my headunit was $170 and it has an aux input in the back. Not sure what your price range is and if you dont care about chaning out the stock headunit, but its the best setup IMO.

Alpine CDA-9857 W/ Ipod full speed
    Look at that post, I have the same setup except the head unit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.