04 STi Headunit ?'s
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 04 STi Headunit ?'s within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I'm in the process of buying an 04 STi that does not come with a stereo. I want to just ...

04 STi Headunit ?'s

I'm in the process of buying an 04 STi that does not come with a stereo. I want to just get a stock headunit and put that in there along with some stock speakers. I don't have the greatest ears for music so stock is good enough for me. My question is, is the headunit for the STi specific to the STi or is it the same for both the wrx and the STi. I'm only confused because wrx's have the green backlighting on everything and the STi has the red for the backlighting. Also are the headunits for the 04's the same for the 05's? Last but not least, anyone selling one that will fit my needs? Maybe speakers too?
    2006 SGM STi Cobb Stage II

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bump anyone?

Registered User TheFugitiveMind's Avatar
    im not sure....i have the 6 disc stock radio from my 05. if you find out if it works or not..which im sure it is. i can sell it to you. just PM me an offer and maybe we can work something out.

oh btw. it was only on my 05 for 3 weeks after i got it so its pretty much brand new.
    2006 Aspen White STi
    Stage 2 Open Source Road Tune
    A bunch of bushings from TiC

they are the same and the sti doesent have all red lights just the gauges unless they changed them
    -05 CGM STi Blobeye Syndicate #4
    -97 Acura SLX totaled 231k
    -95 Toyota Land Cruiser

Cool, thanks for the replies.

TheFugitiveMind - I'll pm you if I end up needing a headunit.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.