JL Cleansweep
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on JL Cleansweep within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I have been looking into perchasing a cleansweep and was wondering if anyone knows if I could hook up an ...

JL Cleansweep

I have been looking into perchasing a cleansweep and was wondering if anyone knows if I could hook up an ipod, amp for cabin speakers, and an amp for a sub. Also anyone who knows anything or heard anything about it please let me know. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by avsmusic1 View Post
    I have been looking into perchasing a cleansweep and was wondering if anyone knows if I could hook up an ipod, amp for cabin speakers, and an amp for a sub. Also anyone who knows anything or heard anything about it please let me know. Thanks
    as far as i know, cleansweep flatens the eq from your deck, so then you can amplify it out to your speakers and sub. i am thinking of using it as an alternative to getting a new deck because i like my 6 disk changer, steeringwheel controls and my ipod hookup. are you sure that the cleansweep is compatible with the impreza wrx?

The clean sweep is really cool. At the shop I worked at we actually put it in one of our show cars. Yes you can run all your amps off of it and I am pretty sure that you can plug an ipod into it. On a lot of the newer cars this is the best option, because the cost of making all of the extra features work can be astronomical.

do you know what cleansweep unit i should be putting in my 2008 wrx?

I am not sure what you mean by which unit. The clean sweep CL441dsp is the actual clean sweep unit. The other pieces are used with the it, they make the piece more adaptable.
    I forgot to mention, the one thing that I found annoying about the cleansweep is that we tuned the car with the factory volume set at a certain level and then we used the cleansweep knob to control the system volume. Which made it sound the really good, but whenever anyone adjusted the volume on the headunit the sound would be a little off. It is not a big deal it just gets a little annoying if people play with the volume in the vehicle.
    Last edited by devilduck54; 06-29-2009 at 09:30 AM.

alright. i dont know much about cleansweep. i just want to make sure it will work in my car.

im pretty sure its just one unit that wires into ANY car, you dont have to buy one for specifically an 08 wrx. and the whole point of it is so that you can run a 4 ch amp for your cabin or a mono block to power a sub.

Thumbs up

yeah ive been looking into it. i like that its alot less expensive then for me to get a new deck and i keep my 6 disk changer and the steeringwheel controls.

Yeah it is a lot cheaper if you want to keep those factory options The way that is used to make the factory steering controls work suck, and it is expensive.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.