Frosty speakers
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Frosty speakers within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I installed aftermarket speakers in my 2016 wrx this past summer. I was getting some nasty buzzing on bass in ...

Frosty speakers

I installed aftermarket speakers in my 2016 wrx this past summer. I was getting some nasty buzzing on bass in the passenger rear door speaker on occasion. I assumed something was loose. Took it all apart still buzzed. Took it inside hooked it up to an old stereo and the buzz was ther but slowly went away. Then I noticed the speaker was damp. I believe the internals had some frost or ice on them.

I live in CT it's going to be below freezing for a while. How do I remedy this? Should I just live with it wait for the car to warm up? I'm not at all blasting the bass. It shows up at mid range volume
    Google searched for speakers and ice were ruined by the use of ICE as an acronym for in car entertainment.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Did the Aftermarket speakers help with the stock crappy sound the car has? I was thinking about an upgrade myself but many on here say the headunit is the culprit. Was even thinking of searching for a HK premium headunit to replace what is there... Does anyone know if that would work? I assume it would...

Funny, I live in CT too and my passenger door speaker buzzes like you describe above. Just figured it was blown, but I don't really blast the hell out of them either-- Its just not worth it. It buzzed in the summer too, so I dont think it's ice

People complain about all of the head units

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
    All? NO ALL!

5. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Eric13el View Post
    Did the Aftermarket speakers help with the stock crappy sound the car has? I was thinking about an upgrade myself but many on here say the headunit is the culprit. Was even thinking of searching for a HK premium headunit to replace what is there... Does anyone know if that would work? I assume it would...

Funny, I live in CT too and my passenger door speaker buzzes like you describe above. Just figured it was blown, but I don't really blast the hell out of them either-- Its just not worth it. It buzzed in the summer too, so I dont think it's ice
    The speakers are fine. Replace the head unit with a quality aftermarket one, not the overpriced HK.

My $0.02.

Thanks for the reply!
    Wouldn't it be easier just to spend the extra money on a stock premium HK head unit and just be able to plug it in and go? Or does it not work that way... I see a thread with programming the Mestro and the 2 types of this and that and I just dont have the dexterity to handle all that. Know what I mean?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.