I found a cure for the speaker problem, cheap, effective, and attractive--PICS
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I found a cure for the speaker problem, cheap, effective, and attractive--PICS within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hello, new member here... I KNOW there are lots of threads on this topic.. I searched them when I was ...

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar

Thumbs up I found a cure for the speaker problem, cheap, effective, and attractive--PICS

Hello, new member here... I KNOW there are lots of threads on this topic.. I searched them when I was trying to figure out what would fit, what wouldn't, whether to cut the doors, or install in the factory holes.

So much info... some of it sounded "wish-washy"... I had no idea what to trust and what not to..... so I took matters into my own hands, did my own research, and found a GREAT set of speakers, that look incredible, and unlike most, were AFFORDABLE.

I opted to go with the Rockford Fosgate T162C (6.5 coaxial) in the front doors, and the T152C (5.25 coaxial) in the back doors. I did end up cutting the grills out of the doors... It was tough to do on an 06 with 1000 miles, but it was the only effective way I could find to fit a reasonably sized speaker in.

In the font doors, I cut out only the "holy" part of the grills. On the back doors, i had to remove the holy part, as well as the 1cm solid part surrounding the grills to allow for just a bit more space.

The Rockfords sound fantastic..... the grills that they come with cover the holes I cut completely, the aluminum cones really set off the interior..... and the grills actually match the COLOR of the rings that surround the A/C ducts.. almost perfectly.... even the shape of the grills matches!

This is just a suggestion. I was able to find the speakers on eBay for under $50 a set... including shipping, I've got a TOTAL of about $140 in these speakers, and they look like some awesome custom fabrication.

For those of you that are looking to improve your stock speakers, may may disagree, but this is just my recommendation.

Take care!

Matt
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	sp1.jpg 
Views:	1313 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	61504

Name:	sp2.jpg 
Views:	1311 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	61505

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

sweet deal. Does the 06 not come with components in the front?

Nice work
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by wRxOne
    sweet deal. Does the 06 not come with components in the front?
    Sure, you can pay a couple thousand extra for the components, the in dash CD changer, the painted mirrors, and the seats.... but I hated the seats, and the rest was unimportant, and not worth the cost to me, so I bought the TR model.... same car... less $$$$

I looked into components.. but they were more than I wanted to pay, and I didn't want to deal with the hassle of installing the crossovers.

These actually ARE components.. the speakers each have a small in-line crossover mounted to the back side of the speakers... and a center-mounted tweeter on top of the woofer.

The highs sound AWESOME.. the install was easy, and the price was LOW.

Oh yea.. and now I have components (essentially) in the front AND the back.

This thread is worthless without closeup pictures :-)

you think you can hook us up?

luke
    I just don't get this drifting thing, why would I spend money to put a car in the wall for a bunch of stupid 16 year olds with dreams of fast and Furious?

Grip or Die!

Blobeye Syndicate #17

Quote Originally Posted by lukeskywrx
    This thread is worthless without closeup pictures :-)

you think you can hook us up?

luke
    As requested:

Name:	frsp.jpg 
Views:	1237 
Size:	19.1 KB 
ID:	61526

Name:	rrsp.jpg 
Views:	1237 
Size:	27.3 KB 
ID:	61527

I Support ClubWRX
    Ekk....Maybe I'm clueless but that just doesnt look right to me.
    0-60 faster then your first sexual experience.
    "You've come far, and though you're far from the end
    You don't mind where you are, cause you know where you've been"

there is kinda a styling clash, but i bet they sound sweet. good job with the clean install.

luke
    I just don't get this drifting thing, why would I spend money to put a car in the wall for a bunch of stupid 16 year olds with dreams of fast and Furious?

Grip or Die!

Blobeye Syndicate #17

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener
    and a center-mounted tweeter on top of the woofer.
    THUS its a coaxial, not components...
    dont make urself look like an idiot.
    hmmm..just a thought. :P

Quote Originally Posted by biba028
    That was your first post?? I would try to be a little more....tactful if I had just joined up.

Nice install on the speakers BTW. Not my cup of tea, but I like to keep everything hidden in my car so that it looks stock......well almost anyway. Looks great though, although I can see how you were apprehensive about cutting into the stock grills just after you got the car.
    2005 WRB WRX Stage 2
    Blobeye Syndicate #76
    A Must Read http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...do-not-do.html

man you should say your sorry
    "I can resist everything except temptation."
    www.subarunited.com
    www.dirtyimpreza.com
    www.corruptmotors.com

nice job man

Wow and I thought I was a d!ck.

Looks good and clean to me, but I don't know how you can live without the distortion, weak bass, and horrible treble.
    New England F4

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisCJ99 View Post
    205 whp on a STOCK wrx??? I find that to be a bit hard to believe. My 2006 WRX ran 188 whp with Injen CAI, HKS BOV, HKS Downpipe and HKS carbon ti exhaust... How can a STOCK WRX run 205 whp??? I'd like to see dyno sheets to back that one up...

Hence.... my use of the word "essentially".... as opposed to the word "exactly"

"Urself"?????

I'm the idiot????

Quote Originally Posted by Skreekin
    That was your first post?? I would try to be a little more....tactful if I had just joined up.

Nice install on the speakers BTW. Not my cup of tea, but I like to keep everything hidden in my car so that it looks stock......well almost anyway. Looks great though, although I can see how you were apprehensive about cutting into the stock grills just after you got the car.
    Naaaa.. tactfulness is for p*ssies.

You should go visit the 914Club.com....... been a member there over 3 years..... and you HAVE to have thick skin to even peek your head in there... Great club though... full of knowledgable members... good times

Thanks for your comment on the speakers. Honestly, I prefer a "stock" look as well, but I couldn't find an affordable, yet effective speaker combination that would fit behind the stock grills. The reason I went with these..... was largely due to the way the grills "match" the rings around the A/C vents..... the color matches the center console plate as well.. all in all, i thought it was a tasteful upgrade.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.