I found a cure for the speaker problem, cheap, effective, and attractive--PICS - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on I found a cure for the speaker problem, cheap, effective, and attractive--PICS within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by biba028 THUS its a coaxial, not components... dont make urself look like an idiot. hmmm..just a thought. ...

Quote Originally Posted by biba028
    THUS its a coaxial, not components...
    dont make urself look like an idiot.
    hmmm..just a thought. :P
    I give this guy 3 weeks before he gets banned

Anyway, nice job on those speakers
    New England F4
    www.OddTopic.net - my pet project, come say hello!
    '02 BUGEYE
    "One's level of fear is directly proportional to their preparedness for it's source"
    -Me

DO A FRIGGIN SEARCH!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nicely done!
    How does it affect the door? What I mean is, since you're relying on the plastic of the door to hold the speaker on, does it seem to be putting any undue stress on that part of the door? That would be my only concern.
    In short: HLGBGUAHUGLABLAGUHGALGHAGHL
    Mods::Pics

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlarcupid
    Nicely done!
    How does it affect the door? What I mean is, since you're relying on the plastic of the door to hold the speaker on, does it seem to be putting any undue stress on that part of the door? That would be my only concern.
    No.... not at all..... they are snug, tightly fitted... don't vibrate.... sound good..... I definately can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Kush
    I give this guy 3 weeks before he gets banned

Anyway, nice job on those speakers

i am so scared
    if my way of talking pisses u off, somethings wrong with you.
    welcome to the real world... i didnt even cuss, swore or anything.. that pisses him off?
    besides, i was right. they aint comps.

lol

Quote Originally Posted by Trainable
    Wow and I thought I was a d!ck.

Looks good and clean to me, but I don't know how you can live without the distortion, weak bass, and horrible treble.
    lol, yea I love it when i cant turn my radio up past 15 because of distortion
    NEWENGLANDF4
    '04 WRB WRX
    Cobb STG 2
    Borla Hush catback, Perrin catless D/P, Cobb SS, Cobb rear sway, Prodrive Springs, PSI3 Data Monitor

speaker spacers

Not that your car looks bad in the pictures, but like a clean factory look, no wires no cutting. next time or for anyone that is reading, you can buy a .5" - 1" spacers and screw the speaker into that so you dont have to cut apart your doors. for the best sound cut your rear doors (the metal not the panel) to fit 6.5" speakers, i have alpine r's which are alot deeper than the stock speakers. Just cut your rear doors (no spacer needed on 02-05, 06 you do need to space the speaker out.) and .5" spacers upfront with the adapter plate that comes with the pair to give you the extra .25". If you really want a great fit make your spacers out of wood.

Hmmm..... don't you think, eventually, that there is going to be a speaker-cone-meets-foot incident? Looks nice, tho.

Also not my cup of tea, but if u like it than that is all that matters! Like RSoxWRX said, in my 06 I just had an installation shop custom cut the rears to fit in my Boston Acoustics Rally Series Components and all looks stock, except for the deck and rear flush-mounted tweeters above them of course. Definately a different look!

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Wow..... this one one of the first threads I ever posted... over 3 years ago.

I think i installed these speakers before I even bought an AP and went stg 1

Cool to see it revived..... speakers are still holding up well... no complaints at all
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

Well, since it's already been bumped..

I like the look with the exposed speakers like that!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12