Android screen mirror compatible Headunits for 15 WRX.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Android screen mirror compatible Headunits for 15 WRX. within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Alright so my 15' WRX should be arriving in the next couple of weeks (I now know what pregnant women ...

Lightbulb Android screen mirror compatible Headunits for 15 WRX.

Alright so my 15' WRX should be arriving in the next couple of weeks (I now know what pregnant women deal with when waiting for their babies!!! lol) and I want to replace the headunit as I know from my previous Subaru that the unit just isn't going to cut it for what I want. I am looking for a head unit that is capable of mirroring my screen from my Samsung Galaxy S5. Does anyone know of a headunit that has this function available? I have read a lot of the forums regarding the headunits out there and there is just so many to choose from it can be kind of dizzying. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I would look for a HU with HDMI input maybe consider the the Pioneer NEX. If it doesnt have that but has RCA then you could do it but then it would be a pain of extra adapters.

You would then need an micro usb to MHL HDMI adapter. I dont think you can control the phone with the HU but you should be able to at least mirror.

You might also want to find an adapter that also has a power pass though that way you can also charge the phone.

It is a nice feature to have but I would really only use if for something like Waze or if that passengers want to watch movies after that I wouldn't find much use since its pretty much an external monitor for the phone.
    Last edited by cflip2x; 02-27-2015 at 07:02 AM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Cobb Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Pads & Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley | Perrin Cold Air Intake

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX Build

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by King_rex90 View Post
    ...(I now know what pregnant women deal with when waiting for their babies!!!...
    No, you don't.

<== Actual dad who watched his wife for nine months waiting for our kid.

To answer your question, the Pioneer AppRadio series of headunits are specifically designed for screen mirroring / Android integration.
    Their brand new NEX series offers Apple CarPlay and Android Auto support.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

@Rambo I was just kidding about the pregnancy part lol I just really want my car hahah!
    Yeah i have looked into the appradio series but I have read some bad reviews about the user interface and that the NEX system are slightly better as far as interface. Any thoughts?

@cflip2x I don't need to control the HU with the phone more so just to mirror the screen for like GPS function mainly. I would rather use my phone gps then have to worry about getting an HU with navi and update it every year and everything. I don't mind hooking in through HDMI or USB to mirror just want to make sure I get an HU that can do that.

I Support ClubWRX
    Understandable that's fine im the same way. Best bet is for find one that has HDMI input that would be the most painless maybe the NEX 400. Which every way you go I would suggest contacting AE64.com for wiring harness and steering wheel controls.

10ft Micro USB MHL to HDMI HDTV Cable for Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 S4 I9500 Mini | eBay

1080p Mini Micro USB MHL to HDMI Adapter Cable 150mm New | eBay
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Cobb Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Pads & Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley | Perrin Cold Air Intake

Awesome that helps a lot buddy! I appreciate it. Would you recommend buying the HU from Crutchfield? or is it something i could just pick-up on amazon?

I Support ClubWRX
    @Rambo I was just kidding about the pregnancy part lol I just really want my car hahah!
    I know, I was just giving you a bad time.

Awesome that helps a lot buddy! I appreciate it. Would you recommend buying the HU from Crutchfield? or is it something i could just pick-up on amazon?
    I bought all my audio equipment from Amazon and eBay, but be forewarned that most Amazon resellers are not recognized by the stereo makers, and thus warranty issues can arise if you have a problem later, which I haven't ever had. Crutchfield is a safe and reputable vendor, but you'll pay a premium.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Amazon or eBay crtuchfield is pretty expensive but for something this price I would get new instead of refurbished. I would also go with amazon since I have prime but that may be different for you.

Registered User Jackstand Johnny's Avatar
    I'm looking for this exact sake thing for my 2002 WRX. I also have a Galaxy S5 and need a double din screen stereo to hook my phone up to so I can use nthe google maps navigation app on my stereo screen so its easier to see while driving. Arenyall saying all I need is a stereo with an HDMI input? Is there any way to be able to use Tue stereo screen to control the phone?

Also I agree about big screen stereos on Amazon. They're always weird off brands I've never seen anywhere else.
    I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.