Is it possible to import GPX files or copy your driving track in the factory navigation system? I saw instructions on how to record and export a driving track if you have the BRZ Navigation HU so I was wondering if anyone has tried to import a .gpx file in their WRX or record their driving track.
0. In the Nav Map screen when the vehicle is stopped:
1. Menu > More > Trip Monitor > Record Track
3. When you are done with your drive that you wanted to record a track of
4. Menu > More > Trip Monitor > Stop Recording Track
5. When you get home:
6. Menu > More > Trip Monitor > Save/Export Tracks as GPX
7. Audio > Settings > Eject SD card
8. Plug the SD card into a reader on your PC
9. Copy the exported .gpx file from the SD card "tracks" dir to your PC
10. Open the GPX file in Google earth or directly into google maps via GPX Visualizer link:
11. Remember to return the SD card to your BRZ Nav HU otherwise the Nav part won't work.
Probably sounds more complicated above than it really is, but it's easy after you do it the first time.
Really impressed that the Subaru Nav includes this Nav track export feature since that is one of my favorite things to do with my Garmin GPSes in the past whenever I am out scouting some twisty roads so I will be able to find them next time.