Self powered woofer?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Self powered woofer? within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hi, I have a 2011 wrx sedan. I'm a total noob when it comes to audio. Can I drop this ...

Red face Self powered woofer?

Hi, I have a 2011 wrx sedan.

I'm a total noob when it comes to audio.
    Can I drop this in the trunk and connect it to the stock head unit?
    I just want nice and simple, little more bass from stock, which is like zero.

Amazon.com : Dual SBP8A 160-Watts Single 8-Inch Amplified Bandpass Black : Vehicle Subwoofers : Car Electronics

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Ive done that before to my past cars and though its not the perfect way to do it it would work. I would contact this site and purchase a 20-pin combined wiring Harness for Subaru Impreza, Forester, Crosstrek, Legacy, Outback, Nissans

you should be able to then tap into on the the front speaker wires thats where you would get your signal for the sub. Run the power and wires to the back maybe throw a switch so you can turn off the sub when you dont want it unless it has a build in wired remote and add a fuse and you should be fine. Thats the quick and "messy" way

though if I were you I would read reviews for the low profile subs they are not much more and if they are decent I would rather have it under the seat rather then taking up trunk space (though if you have a hatch ist not as bad)
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Cobb Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Pads & Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley | Perrin Cold Air Intake

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX Build

You'd be better off getting a quality product like an Infinity Basslink... That Dual bandpass box will sound like ****.

Thanks for the reply guys. I don't want to splice any wires if I can help it?
    What will the basslink run me, same type of installation about slicing wires? The back of the stock unit I'm guessing dosent have audio jack plug in?

I Support ClubWRX
    by audio jack im guessing you mean line out thats a no. You can always get a line out adapter and tap into that break out harness to get your speaker signal then attach the line out then get some RCA cables and hook things up
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Cobb Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Pads & Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley | Perrin Cold Air Intake

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX Build

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.