Options for a Headunit upgrade - want to keep Bluetooth button function
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Options for a Headunit upgrade - want to keep Bluetooth button function within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I'm a '14 WRX Base Hatchback. I would like to find a way to upgrade my sound system. I'm a ...

Options for a Headunit upgrade - want to keep Bluetooth button function

I'm a '14 WRX Base Hatchback. I would like to find a way to upgrade my sound system. I'm a music fan but not really a full-on audiophile. I don't need anything overly powerful, but i would like a little better quality and frequency range. I figure the first step is to go to a head-unit with more power and then upgrade speakers. Is just any head-unit with Bluetooth going to interact with my steering wheel buttons? Is this my best route to my goals or is there something simpler and less expensive?

I'm better with mechanical than electronics, so any other options in my budget area would be nice. I have been told there is a way to hook up some sort of inline amplifier with the stock system. I would like to spend less than $500, but definitely less than 1000.

Thanks for your advice!
    - David
    Tulsa, OK
    - '69 Chevy C-10 (HS project with dad - still have it)
    - '14 2.5L WRX Hatchback WRB aka "Sonic"
    "If you can do something about it, then why worry; if you can't do anything about it, then why worry?" - Buddhist Philosophy

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    easy

Amazon.com : PIONEER AVHX5600BHS In-Dash DVD Player : Car Electronics

contact ae64.com - Inquiries / Orders
    for the wiring harness and steering wheel control module and maybe the USB and 3.5mm adapters

a dash kit like this http://www.scosche.com/car-audio/ins...sh-install-kit or if you want to make it look even cleaner get this http://www.iaperformance.com/product...oducts_id=3017 then you can so you can put JDM decals all over your car

and then search for some guides there are more then enough Walkthrough to replacing your OEM Head Unit (HU) with an aftermarket HU (WRX 08+)
    Last edited by cflip2x; 08-16-2014 at 03:55 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Thanks for the quick reply. Seems simple enough... I just want the fit and finish of the car to stay high quality. I feel like it takes something away from it to have non functioning buttons, especially if you can make them work.

Is that the Head Unit you use? Is it better than all the others? Does it stand out with some great feature? Are there any others you might recommend?
    - David
    Tulsa, OK
    - '69 Chevy C-10 (HS project with dad - still have it)
    - '14 2.5L WRX Hatchback WRB aka "Sonic"
    "If you can do something about it, then why worry; if you can't do anything about it, then why worry?" - Buddhist Philosophy

I Support ClubWRX
    I have the previous year and it does everything I want back up cam, ipod control (though since im using an ipod classic it takes longer to load the album art), blutooth controll of my S4 and 4S able the only thing mine doesnt have is the ability to mirror android functions that would have been the 8400. There are a few features I wish it had but they are not important like able to skip the FM tuner when switching sources
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.