Easiest and least intrusive ways for stereo sound improvement on 2015 WRX Premium

This is a discussion on Easiest and least intrusive ways for stereo sound improvement on 2015 WRX Premium within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Would someone advise me what is the easiest (bolt on, least intrusive) and the least expensive way to upgrade default ...

Easiest and least intrusive ways for stereo sound improvement on 2015 WRX Premium

Would someone advise me what is the easiest (bolt on, least intrusive) and the least expensive way to
    upgrade default speakers or even a stereo system on 2015 WRX?

Thanks in advance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Most likely you would want to upgrade the stereo. Subaru has been known to have bad clarion HU's
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

In my LE STI I replaced all door speakers with Polk DB6501 speakers. These are much better than stock.

Like cflip2x said the next thing that would make a difference would be a head unit. Basically any of the quality aftermarket head units are going to power the speakers much better than the stock unit could.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I would replace the head unit, then if it still doesn't sound up to par, replace the front door speakers, and go from there. I wouldn't consider either of those mods intrusive at all.

just keep working down the list until you are satisfied

Head Unit
    Front speakers / tweeters (component pref)
    rear speakers (coax is fine)
    add subs w/ 5ch amp

Try this:

Turn key on

On the radio, press the 1 and 6 buttons and then, while holding those buttons down, press the Tune knob in twice. This toggles the 'Loud' setting.

You can also change the overall radio config by pushing in on the Volume knob to turn the radio off, then hold the 1 and 2 buttons down while pressing the Tune knob in twice for Sedan mode. You can set it to Wagon mode by holding the 1 and 3 buttons down while pressing the Tune knob twice. Or, the preferred setting, hold the 1 and 4 buttons down while double tapping the Tune knob for Through mode.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin8se7en View Post
    Try this:

Turn key on

On the radio, press the 1 and 6 buttons and then, while holding those buttons down, press the Tune knob in twice. This toggles the 'Loud' setting.

You can also change the overall radio config by pushing in on the Volume knob to turn the radio off, then hold the 1 and 2 buttons down while pressing the Tune knob in twice for Sedan mode. You can set it to Wagon mode by holding the 1 and 3 buttons down while pressing the Tune knob twice. Or, the preferred setting, hold the 1 and 4 buttons down while double tapping the Tune knob for Through mode.
    Is there a toggle for the optional upgraded stereo as well or just the stock one? I assume only the stock...?

Quote Originally Posted by JaySin View Post
    Is there a toggle for the optional upgraded stereo as well or just the stock one? I assume only the stock...?
    I'm not sure but I think it's just for the stock HU