Adding a subwoofer to my new '15 WRX

This is a discussion on Adding a subwoofer to my new '15 WRX within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hello, I'm a first time Subie owner (well, not yet; doesn't come in until October ), and new to these ...

Adding a subwoofer to my new '15 WRX

Hello,

I'm a first time Subie owner (well, not yet; doesn't come in until October ), and new to these forums.

I have some 12" Infinity subwoofers I've been waiting to put into my next car, and was wondering if there has been anyone that has knowledge of some 'stealth' enclosures for a speaker that big? I'd like to have the new sub be discreet, for aesthetics, but also so I don't lose any trunk space.

FWIW, I've ordered a Limited, with the NAV and H/K system in GBP. So excited for it to get here!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Audio Integrations Perfect Fit Solutions order page for Subaru wrx sti rs,Honda civic,Mitsubishi evo,Toyota fj cruiser,Mini Cooper,Ford mustang would be the ones to make enclosures but still no word on the 2015. Since you have till OCT maybe take some time to learn how to fiberglass and make your own.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I just ordered mine and its coming early august... Why october????

Any way there is a cutout (in the trunk frame) for the stock H/K sub behind the 60/40 seats. If it will fit a 12 all you need to do is mount it!

else you can do what I will be doing and using my two low volume subs and make a box myself that fits between the back wheel arch and the tail light. This will simply make the trunk more "square" and not consume too much space.

Quote Originally Posted by fmjaguar7 View Post
    Any way there is a cutout (in the trunk frame) for the stock H/K sub behind the 60/40 seats. If it will fit a 12 all you need to do is mount it!
    Do you happen to have a pic of this? I've tried searching for it, but haven't had any luck. I'd love to be able to use what is already there, if possible.

I Support ClubWRX
    WRX Shelf

WRX Shelf With HK Upgrade

I havent seen a 2015 trunk in person but it looks like they just added some extra trunk liner to hide the trunk arms. Take a look and see if there is a hole. If you see one take some pics
    Last edited by cflip2x; 06-26-2014 at 06:07 AM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    WRX Shelf

WRX Shelf With HK Upgrade

I havent seen a 2015 trunk in person but it looks like they just added some extra trunk liner to hide the trunk arms. Take a look and see if there is a hole. If you see one take some pics
    Wow this is what I need in my 08..i need a sub to sit like that

yea you'd have to do some cutting BUT you could make it look professional and the body frame cut is already there for you so you DON'T have to worry about the mounting, just make room in the plastic.