subie security - alarms/GPS trackers/etc

This is a discussion on subie security - alarms/GPS trackers/etc within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; hey ya'll. is anyone here running an aftermarket alarm or a GPS tracker on their subie? there are so many ...

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX

subie security - alarms/GPS trackers/etc

hey ya'll. is anyone here running an aftermarket alarm or a GPS tracker on their subie? there are so many options. viper alarms stand out to me because they are highly customizable. i've also found eZoom by zoombak GPS tracker which seems like the best bang for your buck. 100$ for the unit, 180$ a year for the service. they send you text alerts, you can set up safe zones, they have settings specifically for theft, etc.

are there any other steps you take to protect your subie from theft (aside from keeping it in the garage & having a shotgun handy lol)? if you dont feel comfortable posting your set up for the public to see, please feel free to PM me. thanks!

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Sherlock'ed (anti theft marking) and Lojack'ed (GPS tracking)
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks! I've always been under the impression that LoJack is very expensive. I'll have to look in to it

desiree

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    Thanks! I've always been under the impression that LoJack is very expensive. I'll have to look in to it
    not cheap that's for sure but worth it, and your insurance might reduce your rate and/or cover part of the cost, like a co-payment
    -Stephanie 2004 WRB WRX | Blobeye Syndicate Member #104
    "I can't see the Shoopster from here; I'll wait for you outside."
    Shoopsterbuild 2.1: Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster. Now with premium 'menu' option!

So all those Florida stolen Subarus are finally getting to you, eh?

Sad that bull**** is happening down there
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

onstar fmv(for my vehicle) its worth it. can track your car(cant kill it though) crash protection and bluetooth link to capable phones. ahhhh...pic. whered i put it?

the mirror and controls from the rear seat. no more intrusive than the homelink mirror

aaaannnd this is a horrible close up. i had mine installed at best buy's stereo shop. took a hour. i think its 200 for the system plus onstar's monthly. i got mine more for the crash protection and phone link but the rest works Just fine lol.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    So all those Florida stolen Subarus are finally getting to you, eh?

Sad that bull**** is happening down there
    no kidding huh? that sux.....we never hear anything like that up here. sad for theived owners.
    when my friends come up, i hear, "you sold the camarrrroooh.....HOLY BLEEP A WRX!"
    Ya has that effect on me too.
    Rob

Where did he go?? http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ll-thread.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Thanks guys. We've had 6 (I think.. I lost count) STIs stolen in the last 2-3 months. most of them are blob eyes, one has been a hawkeye. The most recent one has taken things a step further because it was taken from the garage and his home was burglarized whereas the other thefts were from apartment complexes and driveways

desiree

Hope those ******s burn in hell
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying