2015 WRX - Portable GPS location idea.

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX - Portable GPS location idea. within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hey Guys, Just thought I would post a couple pics of my Garmin location just in case you were thinking ...

2015 WRX - Portable GPS location idea.

Hey Guys,

Just thought I would post a couple pics of my Garmin location just in case you were thinking of doing it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0432.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	149145Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0429.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	149153Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0431.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	149161

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Not bad though the only thing I dont like about a GPS that low is if you do need to take a look down there it really takes your eyes off the road. I know some GPS have nice turn by turn features so you really dont need to look but i prefer it a little higher up. Through for now looks ok. Did you hardwire the power?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

no I just plugged in to the cig lighter. turns on and off with the car ignition. I don't mind it being that low. wanted it in a location that wouldn't stand out to theives, lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'm considering semi-permanently mounting my Nexus 7 tablet in that spot. It is just slightly too big for the hole, but I have ordered a mount with an arm that will reach out. Having the power port right behind there is convenient; no visible wires!

I Support ClubWRX
    All good I deff understand not wanting to attract thieves. I have a mount off to the side of my stereo for my XM and GPS though I dont use it much. On a side note how do you like the CVT?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by silasm View Post
    I'm considering semi-permanently mounting my Nexus 7 tablet in that spot. It is just slightly too big for the hole, but I have ordered a mount with an arm that will reach out. Having the power port right behind there is convenient; no visible wires!
    if you end up doing it you should post some pictures. would be cool to see that.

the cvt is alright. I would of got the manual if my wife would have learned to drive a stick. but she was against that...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by silasm View Post
    which mount did you order? any pictures yet? let me know i want to order one too! thanks!
    '15 WRX- DD
    '13 Pilot- Work
    '11 1M- For sale
    '09 Exige s240- Blade 300 kit
    07- S2k- For Sale