2015 WRX - Portable GPS location idea.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX - Portable GPS location idea. within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hey Guys, Just thought I would post a couple pics of my Garmin location just in case you were thinking ...

2015 WRX - Portable GPS location idea.

Hey Guys,

Just thought I would post a couple pics of my Garmin location just in case you were thinking of doing it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0432.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	91.5 KB 
ID:	149145Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0429.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	149153Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0431.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	76.9 KB 
ID:	149161

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Not bad though the only thing I dont like about a GPS that low is if you do need to take a look down there it really takes your eyes off the road. I know some GPS have nice turn by turn features so you really dont need to look but i prefer it a little higher up. Through for now looks ok. Did you hardwire the power?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

no I just plugged in to the cig lighter. turns on and off with the car ignition. I don't mind it being that low. wanted it in a location that wouldn't stand out to theives, lol.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I'm considering semi-permanently mounting my Nexus 7 tablet in that spot. It is just slightly too big for the hole, but I have ordered a mount with an arm that will reach out. Having the power port right behind there is convenient; no visible wires!

I Support ClubWRX
    All good I deff understand not wanting to attract thieves. I have a mount off to the side of my stereo for my XM and GPS though I dont use it much. On a side note how do you like the CVT?
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Quote Originally Posted by silasm View Post
    I'm considering semi-permanently mounting my Nexus 7 tablet in that spot. It is just slightly too big for the hole, but I have ordered a mount with an arm that will reach out. Having the power port right behind there is convenient; no visible wires!
    if you end up doing it you should post some pictures. would be cool to see that.

the cvt is alright. I would of got the manual if my wife would have learned to drive a stick. but she was against that...

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by silasm View Post
    which mount did you order? any pictures yet? let me know i want to order one too! thanks!
    '15 WRX- DD
    '13 Pilot- Work
    '11 1M- For sale
    '09 Exige s240- Blade 300 kit
    07- S2k- For Sale

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.