Bluetooth audio issues with '15 wrx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Bluetooth audio issues with '15 wrx within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I have the new HTC One M8, and the music cuts in and out when I play music. It's sporadic ...

Bluetooth audio issues with '15 wrx

I have the new HTC One M8, and the music cuts in and out when I play music. It's sporadic at times, and I've had better luck having playing music while the phone is sitting on the passenger seat. If I have the phone in the storage tray in front of the shifter, the audio is constantly cutting in and out. It also gets all crappy if I have the phone in my hand while streaming the audio.

I don't have the same bluetooth problem in our 2013 accord. My friend's iphone 5s didn't cut in and out in my car either.

Subaru doesn't even have the 2015 wrx listed on their bluetooth site showing compatible phones.

On a related note, why doesn't the car automatically connect to the bluetooth device??

This is my first Subaru btw. I'm not sure how frequent Subaru releases firmware updates to address compatibility issues.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

IDK. I'm not happy with the bluetooth in my '14. I had a '13 Mazdaspeed3 and the bluetooth connection was fantastic. If i left the car (went in to a store or whatever) once i got back in to my car the bluetooth would pick up where it left off. Also if you want to charge you phone and play music you can't unless you have the AUX option selected. But if you don't turn off your Bluetooth it won't work at all... Freaking annoying.

Anyways i actually had zero information for you other than i don't like the BT in the subies...

Quote Originally Posted by BOshea View Post
    IDK. I'm not happy with the bluetooth in my '14. I had a '13 Mazdaspeed3 and the bluetooth connection was fantastic. If i left the car (went in to a store or whatever) once i got back in to my car the bluetooth would pick up where it left off. Also if you want to charge you phone and play music you can't unless you have the AUX option selected. But if you don't turn off your Bluetooth it won't work at all... Freaking annoying.

Anyways i actually had zero information for you other than i don't like the BT in the subies...
    Well... You've at least confirmed that Subaru does not frequently release updates to the head units. :|

I may have to consider using a dedicated music player, or just upgrade the head unit altogether just to address the audio steam wtf

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I must say the radio and speakers do stink and it is a simple modification. Good Luck

I Support ClubWRX
    They dont release updates. I asked when switching from the 4S to 5 iphone. I have the 5S now still no luck. '12 sti here

Sent from my iPhone.
    '12 STi stage 2

Origin GT = impretzel
    Bf4

-JJ

I Support ClubWRX
    I have a '14 as well and my bluetooth works perfectly. Auto connection and disconnection when BT is on or turned off. I also have the Nav head unit. I've heard of other problems with the standard units BT connections. Perhaps that is the culprit?
    http://shiftinglanes.com
    '14 DGM WRX Limited Hatch
    I'm a build thread?
    Stink-eye Mob #49

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ShiftingLanes View Post
    I have a '14 as well and my bluetooth works perfectly. Auto connection and disconnection when BT is on or turned off. I also have the Nav head unit. I've heard of other problems with the standard units BT connections. Perhaps that is the culprit?
    I have problems with my '11 Bluetooth. And I was actually going to post a thread about it today to see if anyone had similar issues. I would think the '15 and the '11 would have different units though...
    2011 WRB WRX Sedan - Q300, Invidia Catted Downpipe, Cobb RAM Intake w/Box, Protuned buy TiC
    Stink-Eye Mob #696
    Build Thread
    Facebook
    @billym14

'15 WRX, less than 3 weeks old and I've started seeing an issue with the HU losing connection with the phone reconnecting in an endless cycle. I removed the BT connection from both sides then re-paired yesterday afternoon and so far so good...

I have 11 and my Bluetooth works perfect never had any issues with iPhone 5.
    2014 Subaru XV Crosstrek Desert Khaki
    2011 Subaru WRX SWP
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1907

I have a 2015 with the standard HU. I'm also experiencing problems with the audio. It won't play thru the audio cable input if I have the bluetooth on the phone turned on. I have to select the BT input. This is annoying on a 2015 car. I have another car MY 2006 with an aftermarket iPod adapter and it works perfectly.

I have had the same issue for a while now, I currently drive a 13 Impreza hatchback (waiting for my 15 WRX to arrive) and ever since I updated my iphone 5 mid last year I can barely connect my bluetooth. It takes 6-7 attempts and sometimes I have to shut off the bluetooth and my radio for a few minutes before I try again. It has become very frustrating, to the point where I dont bother trying anymore.

I have a '15 WRX and have had no BT issues with my iPhone 5. The salesman paired by phone with the head unit before I drove away. It automatically pairs and disconnects. The only issue I have, which is probably an issue with the MotionX GPS App, is that when the app would normally be giving me turn-by-turn audio, instead it just stops the audio on the music and the GPS audio does not work at all. So, when I need turn-by-turn directions, I have to turn the BT off on my phone in order to hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by popotamus View Post
    I have the new HTC One M8, and the music cuts in and out when I play music. It's sporadic at times, and I've had better luck having playing music while the phone is sitting on the passenger seat. If I have the phone in the storage tray in front of the shifter, the audio is constantly cutting in and out. It also gets all crappy if I have the phone in my hand while streaming the audio.

I don't have the same bluetooth problem in our 2013 accord. My friend's iphone 5s didn't cut in and out in my car either.

Subaru doesn't even have the 2015 wrx listed on their bluetooth site showing compatible phones.

On a related note, why doesn't the car automatically connect to the bluetooth device??

This is my first Subaru btw. I'm not sure how frequent Subaru releases firmware updates to address compatibility issues.
    I'm having the same issue and was doing some searching and found this. https://www.toronto-subaru-club.com/...th-issues.html

Haven't tried it yet, but it looks promising. I'm also having another issue where bluetooth during a call sounds distorted sometimes, almost like the volume is turned up too loud or something. I've adjusted the bluetooth volume on my HTC One M8 without any luck. I've also screwed with the volume on the headunit with no luck.

Same issue with the HTC M8 and 2015 STI when I'm talking on hands free everyone complains I'm cutting out. Will test another phone tomorrow and let you know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by 1M01ST View Post
    Same issue with the HTC M8 and 2015 STI when I'm talking on hands free everyone complains I'm cutting out. Will test another phone tomorrow and let you know how it goes.
    Issues with different phone going to change the head unit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast