Bluetooth audio issues with '15 wrx - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Bluetooth audio issues with '15 wrx within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by 1M01ST Issues with different phone going to change the head unit. The iphones work perfect on the ...

Quote Originally Posted by 1M01ST View Post
    Issues with different phone going to change the head unit.
    The iphones work perfect on the stock unit, my friend has his connected to my car and it never cut out once.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I just got my '15 Subie with the standard head unit and it skips streaming music every 3 seconds or so. Also, the handsfree is useless because it skips on that as well. I thought switching from my barebones Jeep with manual windows and locks would finally give me some creature comforts.

Where is your phone at while you are experiencing the skipping problems? I use a mount that goes in the CD player slot so my phone sits right in front of the head unit. I was experiencing skipping problems with bluetooth playback and when I remove the phone from this phone mount right by the head unit, and just lay the phone near the cupholder, seat, or compartment in front of the shift knob, the skipping stops. So, evidently their is interference when the phone is too close to the head unit. I hope this helps.

I've since switched phones, from an M8 to OnePlus One. The issue with the audio cutting in and out when playing music has improved a lot. It will skip once in a while but not nearly as bad as the M8.

Though @RomansTenNine, I also have the same CD mount, and when I clamp in my phone, the skipping comes back pretty bad.

It seems to be that the issue is tied to maybe phone materials, and hardware possibly that causes the interference.

You guys don't have your phones plugged into the USB slot for charging, do you? I noticed that every 3 seconds my music would skip or go silent for a blip, and I realized that my Android phone (Galaxy S4) was freaking out because it couldn't decide if it wanted to connect as a media device, or as a storage device, and kept throwing a system alert that would blip the sound.

Other than that, the phone will only interrupt music if I get a notification that the Hands-Free mode on the phone picks up on, or a system event blips on the phone and I have the system sounds turned up.

I updated my phone's firmware (iphone) and the issue seems to have stopped. I have only listened to it for a few minutes, but it didn't skip once.

So the skipping issues have stopped while streaming music, but the call quality is crap. I have resorted to using my phone's speaker to talk while driving. I strap it against my chest using the seat belt. Does anyone else have this issue? The call quality is terrible on either end of the call.

The Guy On The Couch TownLine500's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cda555 View Post
    So the skipping issues have stopped while streaming music, but the call quality is crap. I have resorted to using my phone's speaker to talk while driving. I strap it against my chest using the seat belt. Does anyone else have this issue? The call quality is terrible on either end of the call.
    Did you pair it to both systems?
    Get the manual forget the phone in Bluetooth menu, then re pair the phone.
    The right procedure should be in the manual, or check YouTube.
    STINK EYE MOB #500

2009 Subaru Impreza (I bought it new for my Mom)
    2004 Subaru WRX (Sold)
    2013 Subaru WRX Premium
    1996 Honda Civic Lx
    WRX genuine Face Ripping ACCELERATION!!!

My Boston Beat Down Build Thread
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-build.html

Quote Originally Posted by cda555 View Post
    I updated my phone's firmware (iphone) and the issue seems to have stopped. I have only listened to it for a few minutes, but it didn't skip once.

I have not had any issues with my Iphone, connects quickly, streams Pandora with no skipping, and call quality is as good or better than my GTI.
    Drive like hell, you will get there faster!

2015 CWP WRX Premium
    Warranty friendly mods for now-

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ml#post3579257

How is the quality of everyone's bluetooth. I am noticing callers on the other side have been complaining that the quality is terrible on their end. I have already tried reducing the Mic Volume to no success.

Samsung Galaxy S4: Been great so far. Wife says the thing is crystal clear on her end, so I haven't gotten the same quality issues that others are complaining about.
    '15 DGM WRX
    Fuelly (MPG Tracking)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.