Ordered a 2015 WRX Premium on 3/31 didn't want to pay extra for H/K upgrade ... So here is my plans... and I have questions! Thanks!
Hooking up to the Stock 2015 WRX HU... forgive me if some are basic, this is my first full system... just replaced speakers and added a sub before.
Alpine SPR-60C 6.5" Car Audio Component System (Pair) (For 2 Front Speakers and 2 Tweeters)
Alpine SPR-60 6-1/2" Coaxial 2-Way Type-R Speaker Set (For 2 Rear Speakers)
Rockford Fosgate P300-12 Punch 300 Watt (Powered) Loaded 10-Inch
Subwoofer Enclosure (For Trunk)
Alpine MRX-F65 4-channel Car Amplifier
110watts RMS x4
Here are my questions:
- (General Car Audio Question) Is running a system like this bad for the car? Battery and Alternator - Would they likely have less of a lifespan? Are there any other parts affected that would possibly fail sooner if I didn't have a system? Should I get a capacitor for the Sub & Amp?
- Will the speakers fit? They are 6 3/4 inches but they say they'll fit in a 6.5 inch space...? does anyone know the mounting depth and such...?
- Is there a Harness out there so I don't have to F*** up the factory harness if I want to go back to it? (I think I need to cut the speaker wires to run them to the amp if not...? correct?)
- For people who don't have the H/K system are the rear speakers on the deck? or are they in the rear doors??
- Do I absolutely need to run new wire to the speakers? Or is the stock wiring thick enough? What will happen if I am lazy and don't? Should I run 16 or 14 gauge for this system?
- (noob question) will the components in the front be less powerful because there are 2 speakers and 2 tweeters running off two channels? vs just 2 speakers?
What else is needed other than the speakers, sub and amp?
- Spacers for speakers, where to get? (Cheapest that are good)
- 16 Gauge Wire for new speakers (What type of connectors?) (What type of wire can I get that will turn a Left and Right Front to 2 left and right fronts for the components???)
- Plastic Pull Panel Remover Thing
- Amp wiring kit and Sub wiring Kit
- Crossovers for the back 2 Speakers (Non-Component) (Are these Needed??)
- Amp has speaker level input so I don't need 2 Channel Line out converters correct? Just run the wires from the HU to the AMP?
- Harness so I don't have to F*** up the factory harness if I want to go back to it?
What is the best way to hook all this up?
1) Install Amp under passenger seat and connect battery, ground and remote.
2) Install the speakers and components using spacers and run new wiring (16 gauge) from them to the amp (speaker output) under the passenger seat.
3) Run the speaker wires from the head unit to the speaker level input on the amp.
- Running new wires to the doors will be hell most likely? Suggestions?
- Running battery wire to battery to firewall will be fun
1) Put it in the trunk and connect the ground wire. Run the battery wire to the battery. Connect the remote wire as well.
2) Where should I hook the sub woofer speaker wires to? Since it is already amped I don't want to connect to the rear speaker wire as that will be amped already. Should I connect to the rear speaker wire coming out of the head unit? What do people normally do?
- (another noob question) will pulling the audio signal from the rear speaker wire before it gets to the amp degrade any parts of the sound? sub or speakers??
THANKS ALOT... I AM SURE THIS WILL HELP OTHERS WITH QUESTIONS AS WELL!