2015 WRX stock stereo

This is a discussion on 2015 WRX stock stereo within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Has anyone else had problems playing an iPod video/classic (non touch-screen) via USB on the stock stereo of the 2015 ...

2015 WRX stock stereo

Has anyone else had problems playing an iPod video/classic (non touch-screen) via USB on the stock stereo of the 2015 WRX?

When I plug it in, the iPod screen shows the "connected to Subaru" screen, and I can scroll through my options (artists, playlists, etc); but it doesn't play.

The owner's manual mentions that a larger capacity device may take longer to load (my iPod is 160gb) and I see when it's loading, but then appears to be done, but nothing happens when I select a song. It simply shows the song with 0:00 on the song timer. Suggestions?

BTW - if anyone has removed the stock radio, can you send me a picture of the connections on the back? I'm planning to upgrade to aftermarket as soon as I find the most compatible replacement, which would ideally retain audio control on the MFD.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Subie_Noob_Brian View Post
    First, Picture of stock stereo as promised.

Yea they are the DW. Actually I still have all the waxy crap on there too. Just can't tell from the pictures. Maybe some tire cleaner? LOL :lol:

Awesome! Now become my follower! MUWHAHA!:derp::yeah:

Yea I was looking at the turn signal the other day and thinking the orange in it looked odd... I may just smoke the lens on them.

I know, i know on the headlights... UGHHHH. I need a brake. To many things at once!... Then again.... Summer time meets are coming...

Tomorrow going up to Mnt. Rainier for some driving fun. Ill get some video.

Have you confirmed that the head unit can play back the audio from a video file? Can it play a compatible audio only file at all?

The pictures are from here:
    SubieNoobBrian's 2015 Lightning Red WRX Premium (*modified*) - Page 4 - NASIOC

There might be more info in his thread...

Not sure if I am allowed to post links to other forums? If not, sorry I will delete it...

It won't play a single audio track; haven't even tried anything video related, just playlists.

I Support ClubWRX
    Will changing the stock head unit affect any of the other displays/functions?

Quote Originally Posted by guzziman View Post
    Will changing the stock head unit affect any of the other displays/functions?
    I think the only thing you lose is the song info from the top LCD. So far mine hasn't lost any other functions.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Derelique View Post
    I think the only thing you lose is the song info from the top LCD. So far mine hasn't lost any other functions.

Thanx. Will research other heads. What do u use?

I installed a Kenwood ddx371. So far I like it.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

where did you get those spacers for the HU? did they come with the HU?

You need to buy this kit: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001JT03VM/..._gjzQtb0530CD4

It should work. Maybe double check with Crutchfield before you order it. I was told the impreza 08 and up will work.

Does anyone have specs on this stock head unit Clarion PF-3630, CV 629 UM, Subaru P/N 86201VA620 (rms, etc. )?