Pioneer AVH -4000NEX good choice for HU
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Pioneer AVH -4000NEX good choice for HU within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I can't take it anymore with the factory system. Have a '14 WRX and want to upgrade. Is this Pioneer ...

Pioneer AVH -4000NEX good choice for HU

I can't take it anymore with the factory system. Have a '14 WRX and want to upgrade. Is this Pioneer unit AVH -4000NEX a good option? Can my steering wheel controls be retained? Please help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What about fitment issues? I don't want my dash butchered. Since I will have to get system installed, and want system fully integrated with stock functions, please direct me to everything I will need. I just want some major boom cuz I like to rock hard.

I Support ClubWRX
    it should be fine contact go to Subaru radio and radio wiring harness information and contact him about ordering a wiring harness and axxess controller. You can read some other posts about installation.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Thanks

I plan on getting this head unit myself. After some looking around I found the Axxess AX-SUBUSB to retain the USB port in the center console. I'm slowly ordering parts, but I do plan to end up with the 4000NEX. They just came out, so the NEX line is the most up to date you can get from Pioneer right now. You can get a 5000NEX for only like ~$40-50 more. the 5000NEX includes navigation, but it's a smaller screen as well. I checked them out today. Crutchfield is kind of pricey($700), but on Amazon the 4000NEX was like $560.

Definitely check Amazon. Their prices were significantly cheaper than Crutchfield and Sonic Electronics. I ended up getting my head unit and speakers from there (x850bt).

Also, I second contacting SVXdc. I used his wiring harness and it made the install easy. He's also very helpful with any questions you might have.

Thanks everyone, I've put a Pioneer AVH -4000NEX in my cart to buy on amazon, but haven't laid down my card yet. I believe its the unit I want, I'm undecided on getting the 4000NEX or a different one that includes navi. I want the navi, but I've been waiting and watching to see if I can find a better deal. It looks like $560 is going to be the best deal there is especially becoz it's a new model.

What about speakers, how do I find what size speakers I have in my WRX? What do you think about a ported box with 10" or 12" woofers. I want it to hit hard.

Crutchfield is a great resource for everything about your car audio, I'd look there. I'm pretty new to my wrx but I believe that the speakers are 6.5".

In the forester I had before my wrx I had a 12" kicker CVX and a hifonics hfi1000D amp which put out 750W RMS at the impedance I had the sub wired to. I really liked that system and it had plenty of bump. I really want to put something in the wrx, but I want to make sure I can quick disconnect if I need to haul something. Oh yeah, and I need money to buy it all, but summer rims on first on the list.

Yea I keep checking Crutchfield and they don't have '14 WRX listed, that shows what's available. That sounds like a killer system you had.

Ahh yeah, it's been a while since I looked on crutchfield. I just put in 2013 since they didn't have 2014 listed. Forgot about that part. Should be no difference. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

I certainly do miss the old system. Wish I would have kept it rather than sell it with the car.

I don't know if you've pulled the trigger yet, but I'm having this HU installed this weekend, and can report back after my new system's in place.

Quote Originally Posted by kincaidkmf View Post
    I don't know if you've pulled the trigger yet, but I'm having this HU installed this weekend, and can report back after my new system's in place.
    Let me know how the steering wheel controls and BT audio on phone calls go. I'm thinking about doing the same thing when I get my new WRX.

I had a slight change of plans... I had the Kenwood DDX8901HD installed. Big mistake. It's coming out, and the 4000NEX is being installed this Friday.

Quote Originally Posted by kincaidkmf View Post
    I had a slight change of plans... I had the Kenwood DDX8901HD installed. Big mistake. It's coming out, and the 4000NEX is being installed this Friday.
    Curious to see how the 4000NEX is for you. Let us know what you think! What year/model Subaru do you have?

I've got one sitting in the box right now, should have time to install it this weekend.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.