Pioneer AVH -4000NEX good choice for HU - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on Pioneer AVH -4000NEX good choice for HU within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by Flash408 I think all he is doing is adding the 3 extra wires for the SWC adapter ...

Quote Originally Posted by Flash408 View Post
    I think all he is doing is adding the 3 extra wires for the SWC adapter to a harness. Someone else may know more than me since I haven't ordered one yet. I was going to order the 4000 NEX soon and Crutchfield is giving me the Metra 70-7552 Receiver Wiring Harness for free. I was looking at that and it only has 13 wires coming out. If i go with this, then I need to tap into the OEM connections to add the SWC adapter, which I don't want to do.

I will wait to hear from 96svx.dc and use his. Less damaging approach unless i figure out how to add 3 wires into the Metra harness.
    Awesome. He sent a email out to everyone. He's just overloaded at the moment. We all just gotta be patient so he can work his magic!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by nicks1028 View Post
    Awesome. He sent a email out to everyone. He's just overloaded at the moment. We all just gotta be patient so he can work his magic!
    I did not get said email....

Well, I just plopped down close to $750 for the 4000NEX and the android cables.

Well, I just plopped down close to $750 for the 4000NEX and the android cables.
    Yikes!

My buddy runs a stereo shop so i'm getting mine with full warranty for $480. Of course no wire but the hdmi for my iphone cant be much. Where did you buy yours?

Quote Originally Posted by nicks1028 View Post
    Yikes!

My buddy runs a stereo shop so i'm getting mine with full warranty for $480. Of course no wire but the hdmi for my iphone cant be much. Where did you buy yours?
    Crutchfield.com

It was $699. Don't have the hook up like you

I wouldn't even bother with the Android cables unless you have a rooted phone and are planning on running AR Liberator. Otherwise just connect it over bluetooth. Everyone says the default (non-rooted) AppRadio functionality is pretty weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Wade-0 View Post
    I wouldn't even bother with the Android cables unless you have a rooted phone and are planning on running AR Liberator. Otherwise just connect it over bluetooth. Everyone says the default (non-rooted) AppRadio functionality is pretty weak.
    I have a rooted phone and was going to run App Radio Unchained.

Got an email from 96svx. Placed the order on Saturday afternoon, he mailed it out that same day. I should have my harness today! Right on time, I get my HU tomorrow.

Got an email from 96svx. Placed the order on Saturday afternoon, he mailed it out that same day. I should have my harness today! Right on time, I get my HU tomorrow.
    Awesome. I think I should have all the stuff I need by the weekend. I still need to stop by RadioShack or something and get some quality speaker wire to run from my amp to my HU.

I ordered several things from him but luckily he caught a lot of it because even though I thought I read correctly, I was still wrong.

When you install your HU, are you integrating factory steering wheel controls, USB and/or AUX port? Are you adding an amplifier ?

I'm curious because I'm doing all of the above and its going to be fun running all the wires everywhere and trying to integrate the steering wheel controls since I don't do this often. I know 100's if not more would be more than happy if I did a how-to video. We'll see how it goes haha.

Here is a list of all the things I ordered:

1) Pioneer 4000NEX
    2) Access ASWC-1 (For factory steering wheel controls)
    3) Handbrake Bypass
    4) 20 pin harness
    5) USB Adapter for center console (not doing the aux)
    6) Pioneer Android Cables (CD-AH200)
    7) HU Mount to fill in the gap. (Free from Crutchfield)

I'm not adding an amp right now. Maybe later down the line.

Here is a list of all the things I ordered:

1) Pioneer 4000NEX
    2) Access ASWC-1 (For factory steering wheel controls)
    3) Handbrake Bypass
    4) 20 pin harness
    5) USB Adapter for center console (not doing the aux)
    6) Pioneer Android Cables (CD-AH200)
    7) HU Mount to fill in the gap. (Free from Crutchfield)

I'm not adding an amp right now. Maybe later down the line.
    Since I didn't get the HU from Crutchfield, I didn't get it free. When I go to crutch field it only lists kits for the 2015 outback. Any idea which one fits ?

Take a look at this post on this same thread.

Pioneer AVH -4000NEX good choice for HU

It has links to what you need.

Take a look at this post on this same thread.

Pioneer AVH -4000NEX good choice for HU

It has links to what you need.

I checked it out. Of course it says it doesn't fit but since that guy used it, ill buy it anyways and make it fit if needed.

So far I have ordered:

That mounting kit for the Head Unit. Link above

Alpine 6.5" Component Speakers SPR-60c Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Alpine 6.5" Co-axial 2 way speakers SPR-60 Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

Pioneer AVH-4000NEX Head Unit AVH-4000NEX - <b>NEW!</b> - 2-DIN Flagship Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7" WVGA Touchscreen Display | Pioneer Electronics USA

CD-IH202 CD-IH202 - AppRadio Mode HDMI Interface Cable Kit for iPhone® 5. Compatible with all NEX receivers (excludes AVIC-5000NEX), AppRadio 3, AppRadio 2, AVIC-Z150BH/X950BH, and AVH-X8500BHS. | Pioneer Electronics USA

2 4wg amp install kits from Sound Stream
    Audio Savings | Soundstream WK-4G Complete 4 Gauge Amplifier Wiring Kit With Twisted RCA Cable

Rocksford Fosgate T-600-4 POWER Amplifiers - T600-4 - Rockford Fosgate®

Access ASWC-1 ASWC-1 [ASWC-1] Axxess Integrate, Comprehensive Interface Products

Plug - n - play wiring harness (w/ 3 wires for ASWC-1 steering integration) (No one offers a harness on the market right now for this but 96svx.dc)
    Wiring for the USB & AUX so I can still have them like factory (also 96svx.dc)
    Parking Brake Bypass (96svx.dc)

I Think that's it haha.... Dropped a crap load of money so far.

oh. I have 2 12's & a crappy sony 800w amp for the trunk for now. but I have had that for a while.

I was debating on whether or not to get the amp kit and run the RCAs and remote wire while i have the deck out, but decided not to do it now. Will wait to see how it sounds before spending more money.

I was debating on whether or not to get the amp kit and run the RCAs and remote wire while i have the deck out, but decided not to do it now. Will wait to see how it sounds before spending more money.
    I probably should have done the same thing but since I just bought the car, I know I will end up doing it in the future so why not get it all now and do it once and have the dash out one time! its going to be hell tearing everything apart since I haven't done it before but once all the wires are ran nice & clean, its all done one time!

Do you have any pictures of your setup yet?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234