Pioneer AVH -4000NEX good choice for HU - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Pioneer AVH -4000NEX good choice for HU within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; What was wrong with the Kenwood? Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk...

What was wrong with the Kenwood?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Don't mean to highjack, slight question not far off from point...

My 2015 WRX should be arriving any day now and one of the first upgrades I have planned is the Head unit. Question is, now that the WRX has radio/bluetooth controls from the steering wheel, how will those work in conjunction to an upgraded HU? Is there an adapter for that in the rear? I plan on getting a nice double din touch screen Pioneer...Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks!

The NEX series is supposed to work with the iDataLink Maestro RR to integrate with the car's built in systems. You should probably research exactly what is supported, and when, first though

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Wade-0; 04-30-2014 at 01:11 PM.

Yea I've been out of the car audio scene for about 6 years or so (new house sucked me in haha). So I definitely have to do my research...If you could link me specific head units that you feel will definitely work I'd appreciate it Gives me a good starting point.

Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by Leify View Post
    Yea I've been out of the car audio scene for about 6 years or so (new house sucked me in haha). So I definitely have to do my research...If you could link me specific head units that you feel will definitely work I'd appreciate it Gives me a good starting point.
    Can't really help you there, since I have no idea what your car even supports. Everything's pretty straightforward with my bugeye :P

That NEX series is craaaaaaaaazy expensive! Haha anything a bit cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by Leify View Post
    That NEX series is craaaaaaaaazy expensive! Haha anything a bit cheaper?
    I got my 4000NEX for about $570. If you want cheaper, you're going to have to sacrifice somewhere, and probably be disappointed and end up spending more in the end. Buy once, cry once

haha I hear ya I hear ya...So hmmmm curious if a head unit like this could work with an adapter?

Pioneer AVH-X4600BT DVD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Thanks

Hi all, this is my first post, but I thought I would start by plugging the sonicelectronix.com site. I called them last week to check their prices on the 4000NEX and I was able to get it for $550 when I bought it with a pair of $430 headphones (also discounted from $650). Anyway, I strongly recommend anyone looking at the 4000NEX to give them a call... They offer free shipping and no tax outside California (I believe)

Now that I've said my piece on that... Has anyone done a parking brake bypass for a 2008-2013 WRX Model? I am planning on installing it today and purchased the PAC TR7 Trigger Output Module and haven't found anyone that's gotten it to work with the 4000NEX unit.
    Thanks!

I bought the MicroBypass off Amazon. Will be installing it tomorrow probably.

I finally had my 4000NEX installed yesterday. I haven't had a ton of time to mess with it (heading outside to spend some quality time with the unit later) but so far it sounds great with a minimal amount of messing with the EQ. App mode works with my HTC One, and I have most of the music running off of my old iPhone in the center console.

For those talking about price, I paid $700 from an authorized Pioneer dealer so it would be covered by warranty, instead of buying it off amazon.

Anyway, I'll report back later.

I spent some time outside today trying out all of the NEX's different features, and here are my thoughts:

+ Sounds awesome
    + 13 band EQ is easy to use
    + iPod/USB control is great
    + Bluetooth audio sounds good
    + Voice dialing works from my steering wheel, through my phone. Didn't expect that.
    - Can't use Bluetooth media mode on Android phone while iPod is plugged in. Calling works fine.
    - AppRadio mode is really unimpressive with only like 10 apps
    - Haven't been able to get Pandora to work yet
    - I tried two USB drives for USB audio, only one worked (both FAT32). MP3 tags work fine, but the songs per album are all in alphabetical order.

Don't get me wrong, so far I really like the unit. The bluetooth media thing is a drag since I use an old iPhone for music, and my Android phone for podcasts.

That's it so far. I'll report more as it comes up.

Are you using Android for Pandora? Make sure you enable "Bluetooth for Auto" in the settings. That's about the only thing I use most of the time. My main gripe at this point is how long it takes to boot up. I accidentally killed the engine from a stop on a hill and had to restart, and it took forever for the system to come back on. It seems to timeout waiting for Bluetooth connection a little too early, but that might be something I can adjust.

Have you tried watching a DVD on yours? I couldn't get the aspect ratio to work correctly. No biggie though, I don't really plan to use that feature much.

The audio quality is much better than my Clarion, and other than the slow connection the Bluetooth has been solid for me. Still learning all the features so it will take some more time to render a verdict.

One more thing I thought was strange, when I first powered it up I had to turn the sub level down -3db in the speaker levels menu. On my Clarion I usually had to run the sub output at +1 or +2. They both are supposed to have 4V preamps, but I think the Pioneer's is higher than Clarion's. The noise floor is much better too, significantly less hiss.

I'm leaning towards the 4000NEX as well. The stock head unit is just horrible when it comes to bluetooth pairing and connectivity with my android phones. It seems to be more Apple friendly. Also, I wouldn't mind the extra power going to the stock speakers.

I just had a few questions I couldn't find answers for..
    Does the 4000NEX auto connect to your phone, and begin playing music immediately when the car is started? What's the boot time on the 4000NEX?
    Is the h/u able to pair with more than 1 device?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.