Panavise In Dash Mount / Proclip Universal Holder / Hard Wired Charger Install

This is a discussion on Panavise In Dash Mount / Proclip Universal Holder / Hard Wired Charger Install within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I finally got around to installing my Panavise mount, Panavise, In Dash, , Subaru Impreza 08~11, Forester 09~11, Tribeca & ...

Panavise In Dash Mount / Proclip Universal Holder / Hard Wired Charger Install

I finally got around to installing my Panavise mount, Panavise, In Dash, , Subaru Impreza 08~11, Forester 09~11, Tribeca & B9Tribeca 08~09, Proclip Universal Phone Holder, Samsung Galaxy S4 Medium Universal Adjustable Holder for devices with a Case-ProClip USA, and hard wired charger in my 14' WRX Premium today...

The hard wired charger was pretty straight forward... I used an "Add-a-fuse" and tapped into the 10amp circuit labeled "Cigar" which is a switched power source.. There was the end of a screw right to the left of the fuse panel that I used as a ground... The wire on the charger was very thin, think USB, so I soldered to the add-a-fuse and to a piece of wire to hold the ring terminal for the ground...

Photo of the fuse panel and ground:

Ran the wire with zip ties neatly under the dash to the cubby in the center console... I used an adhesive mount to zip tie the charger wire and the USB cable for the AppRadio link...

On to the Panavise mount... Instructions are pretty simple... You have to remove the radio... You then use the bottom right screw to hold the mount in place to be able to secure the self tapping screw provided with the mount:

I chose to drill a pilot hole for the provided screw... but with enough pressure I believe it would start itself...

Tighten the provided screw then reinstall the radio...

You then snap the bezel back in and you're done.... well.... maybe... depends on how anal you are... as I read, and assumed there would be, there is a gap left between the bezel and the dashboard... you can't really have a piece of metal coming out from there WITHOUT a gap so I expected this...

Picture of gap:

Honestly... you can't tell from the drivers seat and I almost left it that way...

but when I pressed on the top right corner of the bezel it moved... and that bugged me... so I decided to start messing with my $80 OEM piece of plastic... I used a small rotary tool and small hand files to remove material from the bezel in order to get it to sit flush... some pics of that process...

I worked on it for an hour or so... and have made it so the bezel locks in securely... the gap has been reduced... although it doesn't show as much in the picture...

I ran out of time today and plan to continue to file the bezel until it's flush... but when in the car it looks pretty good and I'm content for now...

The Proclip holder adjusts easy with two set screws... The only complaint I have is neither the Panavise mount nor the Proclip holder came with any screws to mount them to each other... I hoard screws so luckily I had a set of four perfect for the job... but be prepared to come up with some...

The holder mounted:

I don't have any pictures of my phone in the holder because my phone is my only camera right now lol... but it looks great... is in a great position and is very sturdy... I'm very happy with the final product... Enjoy!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I have something similar for my XM radio but after looking some more I may switch it out for a KUDA mount http://www.kudausa.com/subaru-imprez...ack-a1352.html.
    Since at times I also have my tom tom on the mount it wobbles around.
    Last edited by cflip2x; 03-27-2014 at 05:58 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Drove a bit tonight... Happy to say no wobbles with my S4 in the mount... :-)