back up camera wiring

This is a discussion on back up camera wiring within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; hey guys This is for all the audio and wiring guys I currently have a 2013 wrx with appradio 3 ...

back up camera wiring

hey guys

This is for all the audio and wiring guys
    I currently have a 2013 wrx with appradio 3
    I am planning to install a the pioneer backup camera on my vehicle and i have a quick question on wiring.
    I'm planning on wiring the camera wires directly to the appradio 3 and the revere signal wire *from the headunit's* to the reverse wire which i believe is the brown/ yellow wire in the harness that run along the passenger side under the carpet.
    Can you confirm that this is right and if this is wrong what would be the correct way to do it?

Thank you

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    are you using the ND-BC6 or another camera? Show some pics if its another brand. But it sounds like that could be the trigger to turn on the camera so you may want to power that to a back up light. The reverse on your HU could be connected to a reverse light so the HU will automatically switch to reverse instead of you selecting that input.

Someone can correct me if im wrong
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

i'm using the nd-bc6
    my goal is for the camera to turn on when i'm in reverse. i dont plan to use it for anything else

There is a Brown/Yellow wire on the passenger side of the car running up the side panel. Splice into that wire with the HU's backup wire...then wire power and ground to the camera itself back at the tail lights and you should be good to go.
    2013 SWP WRX Limited Sedan - SOLD

2013 Dodge Charger SRT8 - White

Quote Originally Posted by blknylw View Post
    There is a Brown/Yellow wire on the passenger side of the car running up the side panel. Splice into that wire with the HU's backup wire...then wire power and ground to the camera itself back at the tail lights and you should be good to go.
    i guess your talking straight to the tailight's reverse lights right?