Complete audio replacement( one weird question)
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Complete audio replacement( one weird question) within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; so ive decided im going to replace the terrible terrible terrible sound system in my car at the end of ...

Question Complete audio replacement( one weird question)

so ive decided im going to replace the terrible terrible terrible sound system in my car at the end of this month, heres what im dead set on so far, unless someone tells me some huge problem with the set up so farpioneer avic-z150infinity perfect 6.1 components in the frontBack doors (this is where the weird questions begin BTW)a 12'' pioneer Shallow mount sub in a shallow mount ("TRUCK BOX") mounted to the back of the back seat of the trunk500-1000 watt amp with good RMS for the sub mono-block A/B amp (dont care brand...)so heres the weird question... im a huge fan of infinity i always have been and i planned on getting some 5.25 speakers for the rear doors with the help of some spacers. i took the car to a local audio shop and they told me that in the rear doors they fit 6.5's in there all the time that i didn't know what i was talking about saying that with spacers the 5.25's would be the biggest i could go, the said that it would fit fineive had 3 Subaru' all of which had spacers in them and could only fit 6.5's in the front and 5.25's in the back and that's it am i crazy or are they just wrong does anyone have any experience with this
    Dont buy cheap ebay knockoffs, thats disgraceful to the Subaru you drive, its not a rice rocket, and you're nota Ricer and it has the possibility to be broken more easily. - Roger

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

BTW i drive a 2007 STI
    Dont buy cheap ebay knockoffs, thats disgraceful to the Subaru you drive, its not a rice rocket, and you're nota Ricer and it has the possibility to be broken more easily. - Roger

I Support ClubWRX
    I have no idea what you are rambling about
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

i was Rambling lol about the fact that i was informed by a MASTER AUDIO TECHNICIAN that it would be easy to fit 6.5 coaxial speakers in the rear doors, i told him no, getting other opinions if i was right or wrong, also i was stating what i am buying for my car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Don't bother with rear speakers...it messes with staging. Keep them OE (powered off the H/U) or delete them completely.

UNYSOC

they need to be replaced one doesn't work and the other is nothing but vibration

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerSteadman
    they need to be replaced one doesn't work and the other is nothing but vibration
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257
    Keep them OE (powered off the H/U) or delete them completely.

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.