14' WRX Premium Sedan - Head Unit Upgrade - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on 14' WRX Premium Sedan - Head Unit Upgrade within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Originally Posted by 90crxfreak Do you absolutely need the CD-AH200? You don't need it if you don't want to use ...

Quote Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
    Do you absolutely need the CD-AH200?
    You don't need it if you don't want to use appradio mode or advanced Pandora... You could stream Pandora through blue tooth but I have noticed that there is a sound quality difference...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I'm planning to root my phone and completely mirror it. In videos the commentator never says anything about this part. -_- so many things to buy after a $500 hu.....

I'm planning to root my phone and completely mirror it. In videos the commentator never says anything about this part. -_- so many things to buy after a $500 hu.....
    For mirrorlink you will need the cable kit and Samsung adapter... This is talked about out there... My hu doesn't support mirror link... I went back and forth but decided I wouldn't use it enough... And found the 8500 for a great price...

Was it new/used did you get it online?

New on Amazon $464.00... I don't see it on there from the seller I got it from... but they're still there... The AVH-4000NEX is out now I believe... that has mirrorlink... updated touch screen... but wasn't worth the extra money to me... I'm very happy with the 8500...

I have a question about the screen. Is it a nice glossy type screen or does it have more of a matte finish? I just went to my BestBuy and they had an app radio 3 that had a gorgeous screen.

Nice post. I can't wait to install my head unit. I have a Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS waiting to be installed. I'm just waiting on ae64 to write back to me about my harness.

I have a question about the screen. Is it a nice glossy type screen or does it have more of a matte finish? I just went to my BestBuy and they had an app radio 3 that had a gorgeous screen.
    I would say it's more of a matte finish... although I haven't seen the Appradio3 in person... The screen looks great though IMO... I'm not a huge fan of glossy... but that's me...

Quote Originally Posted by BlankWRX View Post
    Nice post. I can't wait to install my head unit. I have a Pioneer AVH-X5600BHS waiting to be installed. I'm just waiting on ae64 to write back to me about my harness.
    Thanks! I looked at the 5600 but I don't think it had appradio support for android... nice head unit though... ae64.com will respond... and once I paid he sent out the order immediately... worth the wait!

I think all lof the pioneer x600's have the capability, you just need to purchase another accessory.

I think all lof the pioneer x600's have the capability, you just need to purchase another accessory.
    AVH-X5600BHS - <b>NEW!</b> - 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 7" WVGA Touchscreen Display, MIXTRAX, Bluetooth®, HD Radio™ Tuner, SiriusXM Ready, and AppRadio Mode for iPhone® | Pioneer Electronics USA

Under "Specifications" then "BLUETOOTH/IPOD/APPS/SD CARD/USB" it shows "APP MODE" as iPhone... Pandora for Android / iPhone... but iPhone only on App Mode...

2 questions. Can you take a nice quality video of your head unit and what really is in that CD-AH200 kit? If I have to purchase an adapter for Samsung and I already have hdmi cables why would I need this kit?

2 questions. Can you take a nice quality video of your head unit and what really is in that CD-AH200 kit? If I have to purchase an adapter for Samsung and I already have hdmi cables why would I need this kit?
    I think Pioneer can answer your questions better then I could... CD-AH200 - <b>NEW!</b> - AppRadio Mode Android™ Connection Kit | Pioneer Electronics USA

I will work on the video... can't find the charger for my camera right now and can't use the camera on my phone when plugged in to the head unit in app mode...

So looking at the information it seems like it's just cables I already have. :/

So looking at the information it seems like it's just cables I already have. :/
    The only thing I wouldn't of had was the MHL adapter that takes the HDMI and Micro-USB in and outputs to a single Micro-USB...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast