Wiring harnesses for factory radio replacement - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Wiring harnesses for factory radio replacement within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; He's still around -- sent him an email inquiry and he replied within a day or two. Bought a harness ...

He's still around -- sent him an email inquiry and he replied within a day or two. Bought a harness from him and I received it two days later. It's a bit more expensive than typical aftermarket stuff, but it's worth the extra $$ for all the work he put into his website info and customer support.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Update... I was able to get my 20-pin harness, aux jack harness and usb harness from ae64.com... I finished the install today... Everything went flawless... great products!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mv577 View Post
    Update... I was able to get my 20-pin harness, aux jack harness and usb harness from ae64.com... I finished the install today... Everything went flawless... great products!
    Glad to hear it.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

Ive had my '14 rex for all of 24 hours and already cant stand the sound quality of that head unit. worst ive ever heard.

It seems like this guy is the only option out there to keep the nice stock controls so I'll be using him soon too.

Does this allow the stock mic to continue to work too ?

Quote Originally Posted by cityinruin View Post
    Ive had my '14 rex for all of 24 hours and already cant stand the sound quality of that head unit. worst ive ever heard.

It seems like this guy is the only option out there to keep the nice stock controls so I'll be using him soon too.

Does this allow the stock mic to continue to work too ?
    I put a pioneer 5500bt in MY 13. I used the Mic that's supplied with it. I've seen it some were someone put an aftermarket mic in the stock location. I put mine right above the rearview mirror clipped to head liner.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I just installed my Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS Sunday in my 14' sedan... I removed the Oem mic and put the pioneer one in the stock location... I wanted everything to be as stock as possible since the car is brand new... Head unit makes a big difference in sound quality although at some point I think I will end up replacing the stock speakers...

I just installed my Pioneer AVH-X8500BHS Sunday in my 14' sedan... I removed the Oem mic and put the pioneer one in the stock location... I wanted everything to be as stock as possible since the car is brand new... Head unit makes a big difference in sound quality although at some point I think I will end up replacing the stock speakers...

ive been looking at that exact deck. How successful were you at keeping damnnear stock? USB/AUX/Steeringwheel controls for audio and phone ?

ive been looking at that exact deck. How successful were you at keeping damnnear stock? USB/AUX/Steeringwheel controls for audio and phone ?
    I did a quick writeup here 14' WRX Premium Sedan - Head Unit Upgrade

Audio controls on steering wheel, Aux and USB jack all work like stock... On / off hook buttons on steering wheel work with aswc-1... Voice command button doesn't work but can be manually programmed to another function if you wish...

I did a quick writeup here 14' WRX Premium Sedan - Head Unit Upgrade

Audio controls on steering wheel, Aux and USB jack all work like stock... On / off hook buttons on steering wheel work with aswc-1... Voice command button doesn't work but can be manually programmed to another function if you wish...
    Awesome response. Ill read that- thanks man.

Awesome response. Ill read that- thanks man.
    NP... hope it helps... I will be opening it back up to install a panavise phone mount, hard wired phone charger and eventually a backup camera... when I do I will snap some more pics of the wiring etc to update that thread...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.