2014 hatch sound system overhaul help.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2014 hatch sound system overhaul help. within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Just bought a new hatch and was wondering if you guys know of any good sound system overhauls i could ...

2014 hatch sound system overhaul help.

Just bought a new hatch and was wondering if you guys know of any good sound system overhauls i could do.
    Do you think its possible to do it with around 6-800 dollars?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would start with the head unit. That will give you the most noticeable gain. That is about half your budget. You could spend the rest on a small sub and amp or speakers, probably not both.

This is my current setup, similar price range:
    Dan5505's 2013 WRX Build Thread

I still need to replace the factory speakers. Maybe this summer.

I Support ClubWRX
    new HU with steering with axess steering wheel controls reverse harness and maybe a small powered bass tube you can get around your price range throw an extra 100 for a JDM bezel if you want a cleaner look
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Like other have said,a nice head unit with at least 15w RMS rating and 4v preamp RCA's. Next would be front speakers with >= 92 db rating. The higher the better. Whatever you got left over maybe get some sound deadning for the front doors and a used self powered sub.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Thanks guys for the suggestion. I think i will get a new head unit first. Would buying some subs make a huge difference?

Can anyone confirm that this will fit in the 2014? Crutchfield will not give me a definitive answer since they have not tested it yet.

American International SB-K926 In-dash Receiver Kit Fits select 2008-up Subaru Impreza and and 2009-up Subaru Forester models — single or double-DIN radios at Crutchfield.com

Thanks in advance

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.