2014 hatch sound system overhaul help.

This is a discussion on 2014 hatch sound system overhaul help. within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Just bought a new hatch and was wondering if you guys know of any good sound system overhauls i could ...

2014 hatch sound system overhaul help.

Just bought a new hatch and was wondering if you guys know of any good sound system overhauls i could do.
    Do you think its possible to do it with around 6-800 dollars?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I would start with the head unit. That will give you the most noticeable gain. That is about half your budget. You could spend the rest on a small sub and amp or speakers, probably not both.

This is my current setup, similar price range:
    Dan5505's 2013 WRX Build Thread

I still need to replace the factory speakers. Maybe this summer.

I Support ClubWRX
    new HU with steering with axess steering wheel controls reverse harness and maybe a small powered bass tube you can get around your price range throw an extra 100 for a JDM bezel if you want a cleaner look
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    Like other have said,a nice head unit with at least 15w RMS rating and 4v preamp RCA's. Next would be front speakers with >= 92 db rating. The higher the better. Whatever you got left over maybe get some sound deadning for the front doors and a used self powered sub.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Thanks guys for the suggestion. I think i will get a new head unit first. Would buying some subs make a huge difference?

Can anyone confirm that this will fit in the 2014? Crutchfield will not give me a definitive answer since they have not tested it yet.

American International SB-K926 In-dash Receiver Kit Fits select 2008-up Subaru Impreza and and 2009-up Subaru Forester models — single or double-DIN radios at Crutchfield.com

Thanks in advance