Pioneer avh-3500bhs

This is a discussion on Pioneer avh-3500bhs within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; Hey guys, looking for some help with a newly installed pioneer radio in 2013 wrx. I used the Aswc-1 , ...

Pioneer avh-3500bhs

Hey guys, looking for some help with a newly installed pioneer radio in 2013 wrx. I used the Aswc-1 , 20-pin forward harness (with extra connections for Aswc) and several forums to walk me through the install. Everything works great, steering wheel controls, Bluetooth,pandora etc. the only thing that doesn't work is the actual radio (fm radio) . When I go to the "hdradio" screen nothing happens, no frequencies show up.

Anyone out there seen this before? I checked the wiring again and it all looks good. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    did you forget to pug in the antenna? it may sound silly but with all the connections back there it could have been missed
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Or it could be a faulty antenna. This happened to me with a brand new unit.

I checked the antenna connection, no issues there...

Do I need an adapter to use the stock antenna? It plugs in to the new head unit fine, but I have been told that an adapter might be needed? Has anyone had to use one with a pioneer HU before?

I Support ClubWRX
    You shouldnt maybe contact pioneer maybe you have a faulty HU
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I have the same head unit in my 2013. I don't think I have ever used the hd radio so I ran out to the garage and checked mine just now. I can confirm mine works fine for what its worth.