Retaining OEM Microphone
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Retaining OEM Microphone within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I'm in the market for a replacement double din HU with backup camera and bluetooth with good Android integration. I ...

Retaining OEM Microphone

I'm in the market for a replacement double din HU with backup camera and bluetooth with good Android integration. I was wondering if there is some sort of adapter to plug the OEM microphone wiring into an aftermarket HU so I don't have an extra microphone? Also having a hard time selecting a HU for a reasonable price. I was shopping online putting together a build and have come out to less than 1k for everything that I'm wanting but then read about the speakers just needing a different HU so the speakers may be able to wait for a bit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

in for answers to this... just got back from cartoys and teh guy there was pretty certain that you can't get away with using the stock mic OR by rigging the AM mic into the stock location, he says both solutions result in "garbled" mic input. this kind of sucks... there has to be someone who has done this before.

also, i'd be interested in knowing about how to integrate the bluetooth hang up and answer buttons.

You're better off using the mic that comes with the aftermarket headunit. It will be much better quality than the factory mic. Just pop out the map light console and remove the factory mic, then you can either run the new mic in the same place or anywhere else you want.

But for best results don't try to rewire the factory mic, you probably won't get good results, and you'll just wind up aggravating yourself.
    2014 Subaru WRX WRB Stage 1
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

Yeah, I was thinking about just placing it in the stock location. I just need time to get around to it, there are so many parts on my living room floor waiting to be put on :-(

Sent from my One using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Soberjunkie View Post
    Yeah, I was thinking about just placing it in the stock location. I just need time to get around to it, there are so many parts on my living room floor waiting to be put on :-(

I know the feeling, I have a new audio system waiting to go in once the weather warms up. And I'm likely going to blacking out the interior as soon as possible. I can't stand the two-tone black/tan in the WRX.
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

Previous Vehicles: 2010 Subaru Impreza 2.5i; 1997 Ford Mustang Cobra; 1998 Audi A4 1.8T; 1995 Ford Mustang
    A turbo: exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson

I kind of just half-assed the stereo for now due to time constraints.. I had 24 hours, was planning on sound deadening the floor and doors but only had time to get to the doors, install new speakers and the pioneer avh-x5600bhs. I'll try to get to the backup camera, amp wiring and finish sound deadening soon hopefully. I'm waiting on warmer weather to begin fiberglassing the sub box.

Awesome, good luck! I'm going to do a bit of sound deadening too, so I'll take advantage of the headliner being off.

Right now I have the stock stereo, but i have some Polk MOMOs, a JL amp, and an Alpine AV headunit, plus all the new wiring.
    Stink-Eye Mob # 1.618

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.