Quest for stock looking touchscreen

This is a discussion on Quest for stock looking touchscreen within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I have a 2013 WRX and definitely want to swap out the stereo. However I like the stock look of ...

Quest for stock looking touchscreen

I have a 2013 WRX and definitely want to swap out the stereo. However I like the stock look of things and am on a quest for a touchscreen double din HU that has these requirements:

* screen that doesn't suck
    * if it does have any lights/accent lights, they must be red to match the stock look
    * as flush to the dash as possible. (a lot of touchscreens still "pop out" an 1/8" or so...something I want to avoid)
    * Bluetooth streaming is a must, with full support showing track listing, artist, etc
    * Anything ~$300 is great, but $500 is my max.

I am not really too interested in the appradio stuff since the support for it is hit and miss (I primarily use rdio), but if it ends up working well then that's cool. I like this one: AVH-X3500BHS - 2-DIN Multimedia DVD Receiver with 6.1" WVGA Touchscreen Display, MIXTRAX, Bluetooth®, HD Radio™ Tuner, SiriusXM Ready, and AppRadio Mode for iPhone® | Pioneer Electronics USA but if anyone knows of something that fits into my requirements better, I would appreciate it.
    2005 WRX
    TurboXS stealth TBE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Your probably going to want to also get the JDM bezel if your want more of a a factory look. As well wireing if you intend to keep the steering wheel controls. I am not sure if those are factored into your pricing.

I have a X5500BHS and love it. Currently they are around $350 on amazon.

Sure it may not be to your liking but that doesn't bother me since its aftermarket. The new models should be out in a few months so you can probably get the current ones for a better price if you wait.
    I just plasti dipped both my install bezel and regular one to get a more even look.
    Last edited by cflip2x; 10-07-2013 at 10:30 AM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

Thanks for the input. I already factored in the cost of all the other stuff needed. I guess I should state that if there was a stock looking HU that wasn't a touchscreen, that would suffice but I pretty sure a touchscreen will be easier to look stock.
    2005 WRX
    TurboXS stealth TBE