help with 2009 wrx speakers
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on help with 2009 wrx speakers within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; I have been looking around for info on the speakers in my car. Does anyone have info as to what ...

help with 2009 wrx speakers

I have been looking around for info on the speakers in my car. Does anyone have info as to what speakers are in my car 2009 wrx hatch. I would like to replace the stock speakers all around and would like some help with how to open door panels etc. This will be my first time working on a suburu so I have no clue where the clips and screws are located to get the door covers off to get access to the speakers.
    And second, I wanna look at what options I have for getting a new HU. I think I will just stick with a more traditional HU than going with a full NAV system. What are some things to look for when shopping for a hu for my wrx. Any tips or advice will be much appreciated. And doing this will it void my warranty.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Crutchfield.com will guide you on what fits your car. I order all my stuff from them normally. I just installed an alpine ine-s920hd hu and two pairs of Polk audio db651s I believe is the model.

Sent from my XT901 using Tapatalk 2

Check out the subforum for audio stuff, all of your questions have been answered there

Head unit will make much bigger difference on how the stock speakers sound. So that's all you really need to replace to start with.

Popping door panels off is easy. Reach up under the panels from the bottom, and pull. Done.

But yes, Crutchfield is a great tool for figuring out what fits and what doesn't in terms of speakers.

And no, you won't "Void" a warranty. Warranty cannot be voided. A claim can be denied if something fails that is deemed to have been caused by a non-OEM addition or change. You can't be denied a claim for a blown transmission, if you change your stereo. But, if you blow your stock speakers and put a head unit in, they would probably deny that. But at that point, as unlikely as it is, you are better off replacing them anyway.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

subaruaudio.net , google, youtube: instructionals

ae64.com , sonicelectronix, woofersetc: parts/hardware

crutchfield is expensive, but good to use to figure out what fits and then go to a different site to buy it from

ae64 has all the necessary stuff to install head units.

+1 on SonicElectronix.com, awesome site with great pricing and good customer service. I've ordered from them for 8+ years.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan
    +1 on SonicElectronix.com, awesome site with great pricing and good customer service. I've ordered from them for 8+ years.
    Be aware that they are often times not authorized retailers of products, so warranty is not honored by the companies of the products they sell...

Al & Ed's Autosound - Car Audio Systems including Car Speakers, Subwoofers, Amps, HD Radio, Satellite Radio, GPS Navigation Systems, Car Alarm and more Car Stereo Equipment at Al & Ed's Autosound

Al & Eds, however, are, and do price match to SonicElectronix
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

FWIW, I've never had an issue with warranties through Sonix, and have replaced an Alpine amp and 1 JL sub. Al & Eds is a nice site too though.

That was so easy. Click what fits my ride at al and eds, Too easy. Thanx very much for that. I have some nice 6.5 inch laying around that I can install for the moment. But this HU has to go.

Amazon.com: MTX Thunder Dome TDX6502 Axials 6 1/2" 2-Way: Car Electronics

I know these speakers are a little old, But They are better than stock. But on this amazon site it has a "does it fit my ride button. And it says it doesnt. Before I decide to take apart my doors I wanna make sure these will fit. Anyone with some advice.

I Support ClubWRX
    FWIW, I've never had an issue with warranties through Sonix, and have replaced an Alpine amp and 1 JL sub. Al & Eds is a nice site too though.
    Was the warranty honored through Alpine/JL or was it through Sonix? As far as I know, both Alpine/JL have stipulations in their warranty agreement that they will only honor warranties purchased through authorized retailers.

I have nothing against Sonix; I have purchased equipment through them. I'm just stating that last I knew, they are not authorized dealers of either product line.

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Was the warranty honored through Alpine/JL or was it through Sonix? As far as I know, both Alpine/JL have stipulations in their warranty agreement that they will only honor warranties purchased through authorized retailers.

I have nothing against Sonix; I have purchased equipment through them. I'm just stating that last I knew, they are not authorized dealers of either product line.
    Both honored by the manufacturer, I went directly to them and not to Sonix first.

I Support ClubWRX
    Both honored by the manufacturer, I went directly to them and not to Sonix first.
    Good deal. It may just be something they don't always enforce, but...

Alpine:
    Any products sold by unauthorized dealers are not entitled to Alpine warranty coverage.
    Source: Alpine Electronics of America, Inc.

JL Audio:
    Note: Products purchased from unauthorized dealers are not covered under warranty.
    Source: JL Audio header Support U.S.A. Warranty Information

Again, I have nothing against SonicElectronix, but I know they advertise their own warranty for Alpine/JL parts, which tells me they are NOT an authorized retailer.

All end-users may not care who the warranty is covered by, but some may.
    Last edited by EJ257; 09-22-2013 at 09:31 AM.

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.