'13 hatch amp placement
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on '13 hatch amp placement within the Electronics/Car Audio forums, part of the Interior Mods category; i have 2 amps that i'm trying to hide away in my hatch. I don't like under the seats because ...

'13 hatch amp placement

i have 2 amps that i'm trying to hide away in my hatch. I don't like under the seats because we get nasty winters where i live. I was thinking in the spare tire compartment but i'm not exactly sure how to go about this. One will fit on either side of the spare tire towards the back rear corners of the chassis (there's a deep bulge for the fat back wheel wells where they would fit). I don't know if i'd get the same water issues here, but there may be some ventilation issues, and the compartment is far from flat so i'm not sure how i would go about mounting the amps.

Does anyone have any advice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I, too, am curious about this. Trying to figure out how to build the best audio system without compromising the cargo space and seating space. Stock stereo is abominable. Sounds like a pair of broken headphones driving by. Got spoiled by the 2kW bose system in my old Infiniti. I'm thinking a singular multi-channel amp as I'm not trying to win any contests, but I want full sound. Where do y'all with hatches put your amps?
    2013 STi Wagon.

i went ahead and tossed my 4 ch amp behind the right rear wheel well. you have to hack up the styrofoam piece a bit, but with the floor and everyhting on you wouldn't know there's an amp back there.

you'll have to get an amp on the smaller side like the alpine pdx series or something along that size for it to fit. I also added some deadener and hvac insulation so that it didn't vibrate against the bare metal and had a cushion to ride on.

hit me up with any questions

Any of you guys have heat issues with packing away those amps? Are they designed to work with limited ventilation? I've always been a little leery of that.
    2013 STi Wagon.

class d's run cooler than A/B, and as long as its got ventilation around it for air to move you should be good, mine has air space below it and above it (again its sitting on an angle) and then it is open to the spare tire well area.

haven't thrown it into protection yet (albeit it's only been 5 days)

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.